Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I find the inclusion of the leapfrog fountains in the artwork interesting. I wonder if this means the aging fountains in front of Imagination are going away?

what is the timeframe on this? Fall? Next Spring?
I'm assuming we'll hear at D23 that it's an early 2023 thing and while I know many think Play is dead, people on Magic I trust based on track record are indicating it's a 2023 offering as well. That would give Epcot a package of smaller offerings to market alongside GotG next year.

I'm assuming we'll hear at D23 that it's an early 2023 thing and while I know many think Play is dead, people on Magic I trust based on track record are indicating it's a 2023 offering as well. That would give Epcot a package of smaller offerings to market alongside GotG next year.

Yeah I agree, I have no reason to think Play is canceled, just delayed.

Reactions: shiekra38 and Nick
I'm wondering if there will be multiple different types of these graphics displaying different things and if you interact with it, Moana will explain the graphic to you with voice over from Auli'i Cravalho or a sound-a-like.

It would at least make this area a little bit more than just a place to walk through to get from one side of the park to the other.

I'm wondering if there will be multiple different types of these graphics displaying different things and if you interact with it, Moana will explain the graphic to you with voice over from Auli'i Cravalho or a sound-a-like.

It would at least make this area a little bit more than just a place to walk through to get from one side of the park to the other.
Just like a walk through exhibit in a museum? Each station tells a story?

Yeah, sort of I guess. If it actually aims to inform through the use of an IP, then I have no problem with it as a little diversion from the rest of the park as it would be sticking to at least the most important part of Epcot's mission statement, which is to "inform and inspire".

If I was designing this I would make each stage its own play opportunity. So for example, for Stream/River I would have a giant play table for kids to create their own streams and rivers. I did hear there might be some very limited motion figures in the area.