Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

I mean, Innoventions West has been known to be getting demolished. We knew it was being replaced with trees and water features. This is just an added something in the area. This is something that would normally get a blog post on a Friday night and that's it.

Plus, this is just a small part of the overall large Epcot overhaul.

Moana man, Moana. In Future World. Who cares about theme when they reintroduce pavilion logos.

Moana man, Moana. In Future World. Who cares about theme when they reintroduce pavilion logos.
Oh, I agree it doesn't fit theme. It would actually fit better in World Showcase in the US Pavilion representing Hawai'i (if Epcot is the only choice).

I'm looking at the plus side though and this seems like it will be pretty subtle and hopefully this means they decided against Moana going into the Tiki Room.

To be honest I’m not against this. Future World has sucked for years. It’s about time it got updated. Even if the new theming is questionable.

Eh...I'm ok with this I guess? But seems like a better fit for AK.

I was hoping for Future World to remain..."Futuristic?"

This looks so similar to the walkthrough trail at Aulani.

But what walkthrough trail is being talked about because there was no Moana walkthrough when I stayed there in Summer of 2017 and I can't find anything about it online.

I’ve stayed there multiple times and as recently as this June. There is no walkthrough trail unless I’ve completely overlooked something there, which is unlikely.

I’ve stayed there multiple times and as recently as this June. There is no walkthrough trail unless I’ve completely overlooked something there, which is unlikely.
I was there two weeks ago. Other than a brief Moana visit during the Ka Wa’a Luau, I saw nothing.

Edit...So they have a Menehune Adventure Trail which is a scavenger hunt for kids a’la Kim Possible’s interactive tech system. But still not a mention of Moana

I’m shocked you guys are more negative about this than the people on the WDWMagic board. I think Moana is a loose tie in to this attraction but the focus is not going to be on her.

So they have a Menehune Adventure Trail which is a scavenger hunt for kids a’la Kim Possible’s interactive tech system. But still not a mention of Moana

Ya- they've had that for years. I think we did it back in 2014 or 15'. Just ipad we walked around and it makes some sounds here and there, lights, drums, sails on a small boat raise, etc. But that's all just around the pool area and lobby.

I can say with relative confidence that there's no walking trail in Aulani and @GadgetGuru was simply mistaken.

I can't place where I saw the concept art right now, but it had the jumping fountains in it so it almost definitely will be in this area.

Ahhh... it was the official poster:
ECn2tpuX4AAJco1

Ok, wow. :lol:

I’m shocked you guys are more negative about this than the people on the WDWMagic board. I think Moana is a loose tie in to this attraction but the focus is not going to be on her.

I don't have an issue with Epcot getting IPs thrown at it and the general concept for this seems good and welcoming.

My only issue with it is the location. For what seems like a conservation effort I feel this would be better put in AK.

The name suggests that it deals with the Water Cycle. The concept art...doesn’t really but it’s still early lol.
That makes sense, because Moana was all about the water cycle. I just want what Disney Imaginering is smoking because it's really good.
It's sad to read comments like "it's better than nothing" or "it's better than concrete" because that is not the point. But I guess I can't expect a better concept for my former favorite park that is neglected for so so long because Disney has lost it's creativity and passion or they don't just have the expertise anymore.

It appears to be a glorified splash pad.

Pretty much, especially with the concept art of people running their hands through falling streams of colored water.

Either way, this sounds like a waste of a IP to be honest. Moana is honestly made for a nice boat ride (including the Shanghai pirates tech), a splash pad trail just by itself in Future World of all locations is not big enough and just odd. Now if they had a nice big Moana ride along with this splash pad, then it's a nice complimentary thing. But that's just not the case here.

Pretty much, especially with the concept art of people running their hands through falling streams of colored water.

Either way, this sounds like a waste of a IP to be honest. Moana is honestly made for a nice boat ride (including the Shanghai pirates tech), a splash pad trail just by itself in Future World of all locations is not big enough and just odd. Now if they had a nice big Moana ride along with this splash pad, then it's a nice complimentary thing. But that's just not the case here.
If the use of the IP is so minor then using it elsewhere for a ride will be no big deal.

I’m just confused why they’re calling this an “attraction”.

I’m just confused why they’re calling this an “attraction”.

This is what worries me. Remember when HKDL first opened and due to the lack of attractions they literally counted the water squirting tiki heads in Adventureland as a "attraction"? What if they're doing the same with this due to not many new additional attractions being revealed? MP is one. But a rumored Coco ride in Mexico is most likely a overlay, Brazil is rumored to have no attractions and any SSE and Imagination possibility is a overlay.