Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get that they want to spread out costs over multiple years...but with stuff like this it feels like worrying about pennies
Heh, Imagineeers gotta eat (mostly filet mignon, lobster, caviar etc). Greatly over inflate the original cost and spread it out over even more years....
And that's how you get an internal company division to charge $10,000 for a sign that you could get for under $100 at a print shop (past Mice Age article by a former imagineer). :lol:

I get that they want to spread out costs over multiple years...but with stuff like this it feels like worrying about pennies
It’s not like paying off an interest-free debt little by little though, it’s an accounting practice. Less about the pennies and more about how the balance sheet looks to shareholders, which in turn injects more money into CAPEX.

I kind of hope this takes long enough that it doesn’t survive a change in leadership and gets totally re-thought because this has got to be the strangest and least appealing project in their pipeline rn.

Reactions: frank_1991_
I mean, i'm not against these kinda small attractions think we could use one or two at DCA but....this is taking a long time for an outdoor walk through attraction

Reactions: OrlLover
Disney taking a long time doing a project is nothing new so why complain now ?

Yes the attraction may not be the most exciting but at least is something new.

Disney taking a long time doing a project is nothing new so why complain now ?

Yes the attraction may not be the most exciting but at least is something new.
Wow, just wow. The world leading theme park where you pay trough the nose of everything is measured by "...Yes the attraction may not be the most exciting but at least is something new."

Reactions: SpyderDan
Wow, just wow. The world leading theme park where you pay trough the nose of everything is measured by "...Yes the attraction may not be the most exciting but at least is something new."
To be fair, this has never been ride/attraction space before and it’s not meant to be now. It’s simply themed green space to match the new spine aesthetic. If the Moana IP wasn’t attached here, I guarantee no one would care about this project and probably be fine with it. It's kind of like when MK's hub was changed around 2015 in a way.

Reactions: OrlLover
Look I’m not happy with everything that they came up with for the Epcot Overhaul project. I was just glad they were finally addressing a underutilized space in the park.

Look I’m not happy with everything that they came up with for the Epcot Overhaul project. I was just glad they were finally addressing a underutilized space in the park.
Yeah it will at least add some green space and interest to an area of the park that had the charm of an office park

I don't mind the addition, I mind how freaking long it takes them to do it

Yeah it will at least add some green space and interest to an area of the park that had the charm of an office park

I don't mind the addition, I mind how freaking long it takes them to do it

Same. While I wish that they would have built a fun ride, a nice walkthrough with shade and water features is also nice to have. As you said, it shouldn't take this long and probably shouldn't cost whatever it is that it ends up costing.

Same. While I wish that they would have built a fun ride, a nice walkthrough with shade and water features is also nice to have. As you said, it shouldn't take this long and probably shouldn't cost whatever it is that it ends up costing.
Open this, Creations, Club Cool, and Guardians all at once and I'd be like: "Ok Disney I see you"

Open them years apart and I'm like: "Disney, really...c'mon gurl"

I do find it interesting how Guardians will be opening with the center of the park still unfinished

I'm not sure people care, but it is very interesting to me nonetheless

I don't understand how it's taking so long to even have a construction-walled path through the middle, unless they ran into issues a la SDMT.