Moon Knight (Disney+) | Inside Universal Forums

Moon Knight (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The Hollywood Reporter and Variety has broken the news--Oscar Issac is in talks to be playing Marc Spector; otherwise known as Moon Knight.

Jeremy Slater (The Umbrella Academy) will be heading the writer's room, as no director's or production date has been announced.

After the Tatiana Maslany/She-Hulk fiasco, i won’t believe it till he’s on my screen.

Interestingly--THR and Variety are still seemingly on the side of thinking that Tatiana Maslany is a go, even despite her claiming to not be She-Hulk.

I'm honestly curious to see how far Marvel Studios is willing to go when it comes down to someone like Slater for letting him steer the wheel. Especially if Umbrella Academy and Exorcist are any indications of his work portfolio sofar.

Looking forward to this. The character is mentally ill, it will be interesting to see how they tackle that.

Also visually interesting, and that leads to an all-time classic quote: "I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon"

So they see me coming! Yeah, Mark Spector is messed up. Hope they do him justice here...

Reactions: MrBlonde and Nick
My biggest hope is that they tap into Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight run where it was grounded in a One Flew Over the cuckoo's nest type of story while still incorporating the character's lore. (Also, I loved the all white 3 piece suit he wore.)

Between Falcon and Winter Soldier and the possible fights of this, I can almost see the Punisher fitting into their offerings.

Reactions: Skold
My biggest hope is that they tap into Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight run where it was grounded in a One Flew Over the cuckoo's nest type of story while still incorporating the character's lore. (Also, I loved the all white 3 piece suit he wore.)

Between Falcon and Winter Soldier and the possible fights of this, I can almost see the Punisher fitting into their offerings.
Hell, I could almost see Punisher popping up in this very show.

I wonder if they'll have this show tap into dark humor, considering how Spector's warped mind could go into form with this show. Considering how dynamic and progressive they've taken Falcon and The Winter Soldier; I could definitely see them taking this route to be a bit more darker and adult-oriented (even if it's not R material).

That said--I honestly get the feeling that if this is going to have the popping up of a major Netflix character in full regalia, it's not Punisher. It's Daredevil on the proper terms.

I wonder if they'll have this show tap into dark humor, considering how Spector's warped mind could go into form with this show. Considering how dynamic and progressive they've taken Falcon and The Winter Soldier; I could definitely see them taking this route to be a bit more darker and adult-oriented (even if it's not R material).
The boundaries on TV-14 are pretty huge, and allow for much more than most think.

If Grace Randolph is right, Moon Knight is meant to be the beginning of an MCU Supernatural/Dark Universe type of thing, with Moon Knight, Werewolf By Night, Blade, and Man-Thing all being a part of this side of the MCU.

If Grace Randolph is right, Moon Knight is meant to be the beginning of an MCU Supernatural/Dark Universe type of thing, with Moon Knight, Werewolf By Knight, Blade, and Man-Thing all being a part of this side of the MCU.

Grace is definitely up there in terms of insiders/leakers that don't know anything but do this as their job. It's definitely plausible and one of the safest guesses a person could make. Also, Moon Knight's suit leaked online and it looks pretty cool. Very Watchmen eqsue.

Reactions: Nick
Get out the salt, but…
Rumor that Dane Whitman may be appearing in this series (presumably as the Black Knight?), along with Ghost Rider tease.

With Black Knight likely to show up in Blade, too, am I crazy to think they are trying to set up an MCU version of the Midnight Sons?

Reactions: belloq87
Get out the salt, but…
Rumor that Dane Whitman may be appearing in this series (presumably as the Black Knight?), along with Ghost Rider tease.

With Black Knight likely to show up in Blade, too, am I crazy to think they are trying to set up an MCU version of the Midnight Sons?

Assuming this is accurate, it sets up Midnight Sons exceedingly well.

You would have in this scenario Werewolf by Night, Blade, Moon Knight, Black Knight, and Ghostrider all lined up. Add in Doctor Strange and/or potentially Agatha Harkness, and that makes a lot of sense for the darker supernatural direction the MCU is shaping into. Would also make sense to the Norman Reedus speculation; if they already got footage of him as Johnny Blaze set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
The rumored release date expected to be announced with the trailer is March 30th. That would have it ending two days before Multiverse of Madness releases.

Moon Knight seemingly (and I'm guessing here) punching Anubis in the bathroom makes me heavily interested as it stands. Ethan Hawke is probably what fascinates me more though.

Ah--and the fact that it hasn't even been rated for TV makes me wonder if they're waiting off on the reaction to the trailer, to make a discussion on where it'll be placed in the rating scale.

Last edited:
Hawkeye was good so I hope this is another Marvel hit for Disney. Unlike the Boba Fatt train wrack, just saw the Pat Benatar vespa gang and it turned into a comedy lol.

• Haha
Reactions: belloq87
Hawkeye was good so I hope this is another Marvel hit for Disney. Unlike the Boba Fatt train wrack, just saw the Pat Benatar vespa gang and it turned into a comedy lol.
I’m digging BoBF, but Im very casual in my knowledge of Boba and so what I think and what a Fett fan thinks are probably two completely different things.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush