CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A lot of their additions are owned by them, surprisingly. Plus they did build the whole freaking thing out so I don't blame them wanting to chill and lets some other places take over.

My worry with Springz is the long term viability of the stores operating. I worry we'll reach another West Side situation of atrophy and we'll end up with a BBB, make your own light saber, and some of the unique food locations ending up severing burgers and character meals.
We'll see, I think it'll do fairly well. Even my mom, who hated the idea of coming to DTD during the construction, loves it and has wanted to come often. We've been 3 times since it opened and bought something each trip. We rarely ever went to DTD even before construction started.

I actually find CityWalk more resonable than, say, a certain Spring
The dining options are far more diverse and of higher quality than CityWalk for the most part (especially the new restaurants). Naturally prices will be higher.

The dining options are far more diverse and of higher quality than CityWalk for the most part (especially the new restaurants). Naturally prices will be higher.

Its also 4-5 times the size of citywalk and doesn't have to compete with I-drive. You would have way more diversity if citywalk was larger and I think Comcast/NBCUniversal is working on fixing that.

Reactions: Nick
Its also 4-5 times the size of citywalk and doesn't have to compete with I-drive. You would have way more diversity if citywalk was larger and I think Comcast/NBCUniversal is working on fixing that.
I completely agree, it seems as if Comcast is working on diversity and their restaurants certainly aren't bad. I'd say Cowfish is the best. Vivo is ok, but I can get something similar at Olive Garden down the street and get bottomless soup/salad AND good breadsticks with my meal.

So yes, Universal's partial weakness is being so close to residential/commercial areas.