Most Embarrassing Park Moments | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Embarrassing Park Moments

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How does one even begin to get into a fight at MK :lol: I mean, thinks can get pretty crazy with the crowds and the heat and just dumb tourist but it must have taken someone really special to cause fisticuffs

I want to get to the bottom of this one LOL and as for Disney jail, all kinds od images appear in my mind.

How does one even begin to get into a fight at MK :lol: I mean, thinks can get pretty crazy with the crowds and the heat and just dumb tourist but it must have taken someone really special to cause fisticuffs

I showed someone the excuse "I don't speak English" doesn't mean you can do what ever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

If I am not wrong I believe H2F has told this story before...

I thought I had Fade but could't remember :lol:

Remind me and I can tell you about Disney jail :lol:

I can tell you all about Busch Gardens jail too. lol

My most embarrassing moment that I feel comfortable discussing would be while trying to enter Magic Kingdom one particular night...

My friend and I had been staying at Caribbean Beach Resort and earlier in the day decided to spend some time at World Showcase. We didn't do a full drinking around the world but we did enough. We decided to go back to the hotel and then stop for more drinks at the pool bar. We took a quick nap and then got ready to head over to Magic Kingdom where we would be meeting up with several other friends that night.

On the way to Magic Kingdom we stopped on the monorail route at the Polynesian and each had a Lapu Lapu. Maybe 2... ?? I don't really remember. For those of you who don't know what a Lapu Lapu is it's one of the signature drinks at the Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian and it contains a good amount of rum, including Bacardi 151. After we finished up our Lapu's we got back on the monorail and then that's when the Lapus hit me. It was like a mix of the Lapus plus everything we had drank earlier in the day all at once. Needless to say I was not in good condition by any means.

I somehow managed to get separated from my friend once we got to the turnstiles at Magic Kingdom and my first instinct was to go into the park. I get to the turnstile and can't figure out why my ticket isn't working. I try and try and it just won't let me in. Well, low and behold I was using my debit card instead of my ticket. Immediately security comes over and tells me that I can't enter the Magic Kingdom because I was in no condition to be in a "family" park. They were right. So they made my friend take me back to the room and luckily nothing else escalated after that. Just pretty embarrassing because our other friends were there at that point and watched the whole thing go down.

:doh:

Not that embarrassing but I was chosen to participate in the pre-show portion of Disaster and I hate attention being on me etc. Nothing really catastrophic happened, just felt a bit embarrassed.

I almost got in a fistfight @ Universal Studio's
@ the end of the parade (maybe HHN) I guy starts shoving forward and tries to push me over a stroller.
Even if it was HHN and the stroller should not have been there I wasn't in that big a hurry that
I wanted to trample an infant.
I turned around and confronted the guy and he slinked away with me yelling at him.

I walked into a toilet in Universal Studios.... first thought "why are there no urinals in this toilet?". Didn't worry about it, went into first cubicle. Urinating.

Someone walks in, I hear my mum's voice "Sam.... is that you?!" (she has seen shoes facing the toilet, indicating someone standing up, looked closer and recognised the shoes).

I think/shout "oh, ****"... run out of the toilet, into another woman coming in. Clearly looks like I was perving around the women's toilet, and was caught. She carries on walking in, my mum is laughing. She comes out of the toilet before my mum and just says, "don't worry, I won't report you", and winks at me.

I was ridiculously embarrassed.

I don't get why it happened. I wondered for a while if Americans build their toilets the other way around to Brits... like how they drive on the other side, and how zips are also the other way around (seriously, buying a jacket in the USA creates so much confusion), and how "biscuits and gravy" contains neither biscuits nor gravy.

I mean, there was the time - and I've talked to a few of you about this before - I managed to get myself a one-year Universal Orlando ban on my first time going to WWoHP in 2011 after lord knows how many years of waiting/OUing because I was so scatter-brained in Filch's after my first FJ ride that I accidentally walked out with a pin in my hand, under my cellphone. With hundreds of dollars in merchandise I'd purchased in the other hand, mind you - I'd been saving up for years and had no reason to shoplift. I'm just legitimately absent-minded. A couple of people in this forum can attest to that.

Anyway. It was terrifying. There's sixteen-year-old me being walked to Universal Jail after being instructed to not say a word while we were "on stage," my royally pissed-off teacher/chaperone/long-suffering second mother in tow. I managed to trip and scrape my knee. They gave me bandaids.

Also, Universal jail? Yeah, sketch central. Next to some storage places behind Spidey, if I remember it correctly, with some inexplicable Hulk statue in the middle of a small parking lot. No air-conditioning. Sterile white walls.

I may or may not have asked nerdy theme park trivia questions while filling out paper work. Tact is obviously my strong-suit.

I ran into the guys later that day and gave them the most awkward wave I've ever given anybody.

Spoiler: the ban's long-gone and I've since gone back, spending over 13 hours straight in WWoHP.

But yeah. I was so ashamed of my petty, unintentional crime that I told everybody who asked that I was banned for "performing magic in front of muggles" for a year or two.

Go me.

I mean, there was the time - and I've talked to a few of you about this before - I managed to get myself a one-year Universal Orlando ban on my first time going to WWoHP in 2011 after lord knows how many years of waiting/OUing because I was so scatter-brained in Filch's after my first FJ ride that I accidentally walked out with a pin in my hand, under my cellphone. With hundreds of dollars in merchandise I'd purchased in the other hand, mind you - I'd been saving up for years and had no reason to shoplift. I'm just legitimately absent-minded. A couple of people in this forum can attest to that.

Anyway. It was terrifying. There's sixteen-year-old me being walked to Universal Jail after being instructed to not say a word while we were "on stage," my royally pissed-off teacher/chaperone/long-suffering second mother in tow. I managed to trip and scrape my knee. They gave me bandaids.

Also, Universal jail? Yeah, sketch central. Next to some storage places behind Spidey, if I remember it correctly, with some inexplicable Hulk statue in the middle of a small parking lot. No air-conditioning. Sterile white walls.

I may or may not have asked nerdy theme park trivia questions while filling out paper work. Tact is obviously my strong-suit.

I ran into the guys later that day and gave them the most awkward wave I've ever given anybody.

Spoiler: the ban's long-gone and I've since gone back, spending over 13 hours straight in WWoHP.

But yeah. I was so ashamed of my petty, unintentional crime that I told everybody who asked that I was banned for "performing magic in front of muggles" for a year or two.

Go me.

I remember you mentioning the one-year ban and I'd always been curious why it was. Now I know! I bet it was so frustrating... I'm glad to hear your ban is long gone :thumbs: Still sounds a bit harsh, considering your circumstances. I understand the taking you "off stage" because they don't know if you're gonna cause a scene and what not, but once you've had a chance to explain your side of the story and they see you're neither a criminal nor a nuisance, and they could see you had bought all the other merch and it was an honest mistake, and they still give you a year's ban? Upsetting to even hear / read about it... so I cannot even imagine it on your end. Yet, it's not surprising, as some on this forum know, UOR security's way of handling things can be a bit all over the place, uptight and extreme. (And before someone points it out, yes, I know it is their private property, and it is their right to do as they see fit... But it still seems pretty harsh and unfitting for a company of this caliber in this field. That's my opinion. It's the one side of UOR that upsets me. I love them in every other aspect, and really do hope they work on their security department's procedures so that they can get their job done, but without the crazy stuff.)

Anyways, back to funny embarrassing anecdotes :cheers:

I remember you mentioning the one-year ban and I'd always been curious why it was. Now I know! I bet it was so frustrating... I'm glad to hear your ban is long gone :thumbs: Still sounds a bit harsh, considering your circumstances. I understand the taking you "off stage" because they don't know if you're gonna cause a scene and what not, but once you've had a chance to explain your side of the story and they see you're neither a criminal nor a nuisance, and they could see you had bought all the other merch and it was an honest mistake, and they still give you a year's ban? Upsetting to even hear / read about it... so I cannot even imagine it on your end. Yet, it's not surprising, as some on this forum know, UOR security's way of handling things can be a bit all over the place, uptight and extreme. (And before someone points it out, yes, I know it is their private property, and it is their right to do as they see fit... But it still seems pretty harsh and unfitting for a company of this caliber in this field. That's my opinion. It's the one side of UOR that upsets me. I love them in every other aspect, and really do hope they work on their security department's procedures so that they can get their job done, but without the crazy stuff.)

Anyways, back to funny embarrassing anecdotes :cheers:

The way they explained it to me, the fact that they'd caught me shoplifting meant they had to take some action. I got off with the lowest possible punishment, so the private property thing worked out for me because they could have chosen to call local police but did not. I don't know about UO security in general or how it's changed since they decided to go full Big Brother, but in my case they were really nice and understanding and they heard me out. They weren't out to punish innocent children in the worst way possible; they were just doing their job.

When I was talking about it on tumblr, somebody told me that they were banned for a year because their shirt flew up during the FJ on-ride photo and they thought she was flashing the camera. And somebody who creates content within the HP fandom had their mom lifetime-banned from Disneyland because she made a joke about a bomb. So as far as accidents go, it could have been worse for me.

Not really embarrassing but once I was riding the mummy, right after we went backwards we were turning on the turntable, once we finish turning everything shuts off and goes dark. Then my whole train is just sitting there in silence for around 20 seconds (literally no words spoken) then I say "Ummmm, I think it's broken...) and my friend is like "No :censored: Sherlock".

When the Mummy first opened I remember going with my entire family and extended family and believe me I was stoked out of my mind to ride. I remember standing in Suess landing around dinner time and being angry because everyone was taking their time doing whatever and we still hadnt gone over to Universal yet. I literally had a freaking mental breakdown and began crying next to Cat in the Hat because I was so ticked off. Needless to say...it was rather embarassing looking back on it BUT...

When we did get to the Mummy it was a 2 hour wait and I remember about an hour or so in my cousin pulls the famous "i have to pee" and my dad was like "Im not leaving this line, hold it." So we continued on...About 15 minutes later the line stopped and my cousin sat down and we were all standing up talking. When the line began moving again I happened to be behind my cousin and one of my hands accidentally brushed up against his swim trunks.......SOAKED. Im like "ben.......did you freaking pee your pants?!" He turned around literally said "it'll dry".....It smelled terrible...and none of my family wanted to be around him and forced me to sit next to him..

Needless to say...adventurous day.