Moulin Rouge! show? | Inside Universal Forums

Moulin Rouge! show?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 7, 2018
So, this show JUST opened on Broadway and not only has great reviews, but is also making a ton of $$. I have seen it twice now, Boston and NYC, and I have to say theres potential there for a fun theme park show. I believe Universal already has a Moulin Rouge in USH. I understand the rights to the show and the rights to the building are 1 thing, but I think a 45 min show with some of the hit songs and scenes from the musical could realllyyy work. If you aren't aware, just look at the images of the theatre on Broadway. Its a spectacle and highly immersive show. Maybe than random building that looks like a Hard Rock near HTTYD and The dueling coaster in EU could fit it? Just a thought. Not sure how realistic this could be.

I’ve also seen the show in NYC and it’s great. High energy and fun.

It won’t be coming to Universal in any truncated form. The movie and show are produced by Fox, now a Disney Property. In fact, if you look in the Playbill, Buena Vista Theatricals is a producer.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I’ve also seen the show in NYC and it’s great. High energy and fun.

It won’t be coming to Universal in any truncated form. The movie and show are produced by Fox, now a Disney Property. In fact, if you look in the Playbill, Buena Vista Theatricals is a producer.
Ah, I see. Wasn’t aware it was Fox. Well anyways, go see the show everyone!

I just love Karen Olivo. I saw her in In The Heights and West Side Story. I would love to see this show.

Sidebar: Karen Olivo is from Winter Haven. And she trained at The Orlando Ballet.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee