Movie Recommendations? | Inside Universal Forums

Movie Recommendations?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 7, 2018
Mods, please tell me if this thread is unnecessary.

I feel this is a good idea as many of us watch films here, especially during these times, and not every film out there needs a thread. Does anyone have any movie recommendations they want to share? Or, maybe you're looking fora movie recommendation for a certain type of genre, mood, etc. I feel we have a lot of movie goers here that could help so I think this may be a great thread moving forward!

So, does anyone have great recommendations for a nice, light, totally mindless watch? Anything is up on the table.

For feel good films I saw last year, a few that come to mind and I believe are streaming on Hulu/Amazon/Netflix: Blinded By The Light, Brittany Runs A Marathon, Jojo Rabbit (oddly), Booksmart, Peanut Butter Falcon, Spiderverse, and a recent watch of mine, Onward!!! Hope everyone is enjoying the films they are watching and are able to escape the real world and delve into these worlds a bit!

If your into Comicbook movies
Superman Red Son is Great
On HBO Max The Dark Knight returns Part 1 and 2 are amazing.
Also on HBO max are all the studio ghibli films, kiki's delivery service, porco rosso and the cat returns are to me at least more chill films.

If you have Netflix The Disaster Artist is one of my all time favorite Comedies and if you enjoy that film the book its based off is even better (and the Audio book is great too because the Author does impressions of his best friend)

Mods, please tell me if this thread is unnecessary.

I feel this is a good idea as many of us watch films here, especially during these times, and not every film out there needs a thread. Does anyone have any movie recommendations they want to share? Or, maybe you're looking fora movie recommendation for a certain type of genre, mood, etc. I feel we have a lot of movie goers here that could help so I think this may be a great thread moving forward!

So, does anyone have great recommendations for a nice, light, totally mindless watch? Anything is up on the table.

For feel good films I saw last year, a few that come to mind and I believe are streaming on Hulu/Amazon/Netflix: Blinded By The Light, Brittany Runs A Marathon, Jojo Rabbit (oddly), Booksmart, Peanut Butter Falcon, Spiderverse, and a recent watch of mine, Onward!!! Hope everyone is enjoying the films they are watching and are able to escape the real world and delve into these worlds a bit!

It's hard to give recommendations as this is an area that can be really subjective. When times are bad I tend to turn to escapism rather than uplifting - thrillers/action, things which allow me to switch off my brain!

Some of the LAIKA classics are worth a rewatch just for their charm and humor - Boxtrolls and Paranorman being my absolute favorites. Paddington 2 is totally charming and worth a watch if you haven't seen it (as is Paddington 1)

Other than that I think a Family Guy/American Dad/Big Bang theory marathon would definitely cheer anyone up.

If you decide you want some thriller movie recomendations let me know!

EDIT: this looks like a pretty good list:
and:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
It's hard to give recommendations as this is an area that can be really subjective. When times are bad I tend to turn to escapism rather than uplifting - thrillers/action, things which allow me to switch off my brain!

Some of the KUBO classics are worth a rewatch just for their charm and humor - Boxtrolls and Paranorman being my absolute favorites. Paddington 2 is totally charming and worth a watch if you haven't seen it (as is Paddington 1)

Other than that I think a Family Guy/American Dad/Big Bang theory marathon would definitely cheer anyone up.

If you decide you want some thriller movie recomendations let me know!

EDIT: this looks like a pretty good list:
and:
Ill check out the lists, thanks a bunch!

Watch Eurovision on Netflix. Will Ferrell is what you’d expect but Rachel McAdams is having a blast and the music is catchy as hell.