My concept for the future development of USH | Inside Universal Forums

My concept for the future development of USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 3, 2018
Hi! I recently joined this forum to share my ideas for how I would like to see the Hollywood Park developed in the future. Here are the visualizations of the park:

Map View
A1qxH5S.jpg

Satellite View
0oVAUwz.jpg

I might have overstepped in the footprint map in some sections, but you get the idea.

Ok, here we go!

PART 0: OLD HOLLYWOOD
Shops:
- Universal Studio Store
- Hollywood Photoland
- Feature Presentation

Dining:

- Hollywood & Dine
- Starbucks (Upper Lot)

PART 1: ILLUMINATION

With the recent rumors that the Globe Theatre is going down for "Secret Life of Pets" attraction, I couldn't help but think that the whole west side of the Upper Lot should be dedicated to Illumination's Kid-friendly franchises, thus creating Universal's very own "Fantasyland". The idea is that besides the rumored "Secret life of Pets" dark ride, they should re-theme French Street to "Sing" and add a short Dark Ride, like those you would find at Fantasyland with lots of animatronics and short versions of the movies. Add a couple of stores, re-theme the restaurants of the area, and voila! Also add a couple of seasonal variants to Minion Mayhem (Halloween, Christmas). It should be easy as it mostly uses screens for the action.

Attractions:

- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Super Silly Fun Land
- Silly Swirly Fun Ride
- Untitled "The Secret Life of Pets" Ride [Globe Theater]
- Untitled "Sing" Ride [French Street Bistro to Silly Fun Land]

Dining

- Gru’s Lab Café
- Despicable Delights
- Untitled "Illumination" Dining [Palace Theater]

Shops
- Super Silly Stuff
- Untitled "The Secret Life of Pets" Ride Gift Shop

PART 2: WATERWORLD

Not much going on here, but I believe Universal should double down on the popularity of the show and build a Gift Shop and Refreshment Center dedicated to it in the area.

Attractions:
- Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular

Shops:
- Treasures of the Atoll

Dining:
- Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner

PART 3: DREAMWORKS PLAZA

There is not much space in the Park, but ever since Comcast bought DreamWorks Animation I believe deserves more attractions dedicated to it that they currently have. Now that the DreamWorks Theater is nearing completion and the DreamWorks characters have taken over the Plaza, they should rename the whole thing after it and take down Animal Actors so that an E-Ticket attraction can take its place. In my opinion, "How to Train your Dragon" would be Universal's best bet.

Attractions:
- Dreamworks Theater: Kung Fu Panda – The Emperor’s Quest
- Untitled "How to Train Your Dragon" E-Ticket Ride [Animal Actors]
- Untitled "Dreamworks Animation" Omnimover Ride [Walking Dead Attraction]

Dining:
- Dreamworks Plaza Grill [Plaza Grill]
- Far, Far Away Diner [Mel’s Diner]
- Universal Tower Snack Bar
- Cinnabon

Shops:
- Animation Studio Store
- Untitled "How to Train Your Dragon" Ride Gift Shop [Production Central]

PART 4: SPRINGFIELD

Springfield is awesome as it is, but it could use another ride. The idea is to take over the Special Effects Stage to build an Astro Blasters/Men in Black type ride themed to Kang & Kodos in its place.

Attractions:
- The Simpsons Ride
- Untitled "Kang & Kodos" Astro Blasters-like Ride [Special Effects Stage]

Dining
- Krusty Burger
- Moe’s Tavern
- Cletus’ Chicken Shack
- Lard Lad Donuts
- Luigi's Pizza
- Suds McDuff Hot Dogs
- Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck
- Phineas Q. Butterfat’s Ice Cream Parlor
- Duff Brewery and Garden

Shops
- Kwik-E-Mart

PART 5: FORBIDDEN FOREST

Now for the good stuff: First off, I refrained from adding Diagon Alley since I personally believe that it would make much more sense in a 2nd Gate (which could happen to east of the current park if Universal ever acquires more land I suppose). Instead, I used the Forbidden Forest as the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" expansion as it makes much more sense than Diagon Alley being right there beside Hogwarts in terms of immersion. They could port over the Dragon Challenge replacement of IoA, since all rumors indicate it is Forbidden Forest related. The Hogwarts Express station could be build here if there is ever to be an actual Hogwarts Express attraction that could take you to a 2nd Gate. The Studio Tour should be re-routed and its Station relocated.

Attractions
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" E-Ticket Experience
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" Coaster
- Hogwarts Express Station (If a 2nd Gate is ever to happen)

Dining:
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" Dining

Shops:
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" Shops

PART 6: JURASSIC WORLD
With the HUGE success that is "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter", being followed by Disney's Pandora, Disney's Galaxy's Edge, and Universal's very own Super Nintendo Land, I'm sure that Universal already know how much revenue a great heavily themed land dedicated to a franchise can make. So, I believe that Jurassic World, being one of the highest grossing films of all time, would deserve its very own themed land. The Jurassic Park franchise should take over of "The Revenge of the Mummy" with a trackless Gyrosphere Dark ride, and most of the current lower lot as we know it should be re-themed to create a tropical paradise filled with deadly dinosaurs.

Attractions:
- Jurassic Park – River Adventure
- Untitled "Gyrosphere" Trackless Dark Ride [Revenge of the Mummy]

Dining:
- Jurassic Café Table Service
- Jurassic Park Visitor Center Quick Service [Panda Express]
- Jurassic Treats [Mummy Treats]

Shops:
- Jurassic World Exports [Character Shop]
- Jurassic Outfitters

PART 7: NEW YORK

Some time ago I heard a rumor that the lower lot would be re-themed to New York City, which I haven’t heard much about since then but it got me thinking. New York is the best bet to re-theme the area around Transformers and its "Supply Vault" Gift shop, but the theme should go further. Take Down a couple of sound stages to the left and you got enough space to port over "Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon", or a version of the same ride (Ready Player One? Pacific Rim?). That would the prime spot for the new Studio Tpur Station if the current one is to be taken over by “TWWoHP” Expansion. Speaking of which...

Attractions:
- The World-Famous Studio Tour:
- Transformers™: The Ride - 3D
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Dining:
- Studio Café
- Starbucks (Lower Lot)
- Untitled Table Service Restaurant

Shops:
- Transformers Supply Vault
- Production Central
- The Tonight Shop

PART 8: STUDIO TOUR

The Studio Tour would remain mostly the same at its new location, but the end would be extended. After F&F: Supercharged ends, the studio tour then would then go through a new route behind the Forbidden Forest expansion. As the tram goes through the forbidden forest, the guests should be able to hear sounds of the dangerous creatures that lurk behind the trees, and maybe even encounter a caged Dragon throwing fire (Like in Goblet of Fire). It would then end and go down to the lower lot to the new station. The Tram Garage would be also need to be relocated, but I honestly don't know where it would fit. I'm sure someone more in the know than me would know where to locate it.

Attractions:
- Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- King Kong 360 3-D
- New Harry Potter Scenes beside "Forbidden Forest"

PART 9: SUPER NINTENDO WORLD

Not much to say here. The information we have on SNW for Hollywood is slim at best. Hopefully it will go to the left side on the Lower Lot. It makes sense to put it there. I'm hoping it sticks to Mario related attraction (Mario Kart, DK Mine Coaster, Yoshi Omni mover, and Bowser Jr.) so that if there's a future expansion it can fully focus on Zelda and Pokémon (Hopefully at a 2nd Gate).

PART 10: STARWAYS

Added two new starway routes to better and ease the flow between the upper and lower lots.

Share your thoughts! I tried to be as realistic as I could with my low knowledge of the actual geography of the park, so let me know if any of these wouldn't be possible at all or bad ideas in general.

The New York section could be pretty cool. I could see the table restaurant being a recreation of Sardi's.

Hi! I recently joined this forum to share my ideas for how I would like to see the Hollywood Park developed in the future. Here are the visualizations of the park:

Map View
A1qxH5S.jpg

Satellite View
0oVAUwz.jpg

I might have overstepped in the footprint map in some sections, but you get the idea.

Ok, here we go!

PART 0: OLD HOLLYWOOD
Shops:
- Universal Studio Store
- Hollywood Photoland
- Feature Presentation

Dining:

- Hollywood & Dine
- Starbucks (Upper Lot)

PART 1: ILLUMINATION

With the recent rumors that the Globe Theatre is going down for "Secret Life of Pets" attraction, I couldn't help but think that the whole west side of the Upper Lot should be dedicated to Illumination's Kid-friendly franchises, thus creating Universal's very own "Fantasyland". The idea is that besides the rumored "Secret life of Pets" dark ride, they should re-theme French Street to "Sing" and add a short Dark Ride, like those you would find at Fantasyland with lots of animatronics and short versions of the movies. Add a couple of stores, re-theme the restaurants of the area, and voila! Also add a couple of seasonal variants to Minion Mayhem (Halloween, Christmas). It should be easy as it mostly uses screens for the action.

Attractions:

- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- Super Silly Fun Land
- Silly Swirly Fun Ride
- Untitled "The Secret Life of Pets" Ride [Globe Theater]
- Untitled "Sing" Ride [French Street Bistro to Silly Fun Land]

Dining

- Gru’s Lab Café
- Despicable Delights
- Untitled "Illumination" Dining [Palace Theater]

Shops
- Super Silly Stuff
- Untitled "The Secret Life of Pets" Ride Gift Shop

PART 2: WATERWORLD

Not much going on here, but I believe Universal should double down on the popularity of the show and build a Gift Shop and Refreshment Center dedicated to it in the area.

Attractions:
- Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular

Shops:
- Treasures of the Atoll

Dining:
- Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner

PART 3: DREAMWORKS PLAZA

There is not much space in the Park, but ever since Comcast bought DreamWorks Animation I believe deserves more attractions dedicated to it that they currently have. Now that the DreamWorks Theater is nearing completion and the DreamWorks characters have taken over the Plaza, they should rename the whole thing after it and take down Animal Actors so that an E-Ticket attraction can take its place. In my opinion, "How to Train your Dragon" would be Universal's best bet.

Attractions:
- Dreamworks Theater: Kung Fu Panda – The Emperor’s Quest
- Untitled "How to Train Your Dragon" E-Ticket Ride [Animal Actors]
- Untitled "Dreamworks Animation" Omnimover Ride [Walking Dead Attraction]

Dining:
- Dreamworks Plaza Grill [Plaza Grill]
- Far, Far Away Diner [Mel’s Diner]
- Universal Tower Snack Bar
- Cinnabon

Shops:
- Animation Studio Store
- Untitled "How to Train Your Dragon" Ride Gift Shop [Production Central]

PART 4: SPRINGFIELD

Springfield is awesome as it is, but it could use another ride. The idea is to take over the Special Effects Stage to build an Astro Blasters/Men in Black type ride themed to Kang & Kodos in its place.

Attractions:
- The Simpsons Ride
- Untitled "Kang & Kodos" Astro Blasters-like Ride [Special Effects Stage]

Dining
- Krusty Burger
- Moe’s Tavern
- Cletus’ Chicken Shack
- Lard Lad Donuts
- Luigi's Pizza
- Suds McDuff Hot Dogs
- Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck
- Phineas Q. Butterfat’s Ice Cream Parlor
- Duff Brewery and Garden

Shops
- Kwik-E-Mart

PART 5: FORBIDDEN FOREST

Now for the good stuff: First off, I refrained from adding Diagon Alley since I personally believe that it would make much more sense in a 2nd Gate (which could happen to east of the current park if Universal ever acquires more land I suppose). Instead, I used the Forbidden Forest as the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" expansion as it makes much more sense than Diagon Alley being right there beside Hogwarts in terms of immersion. They could port over the Dragon Challenge replacement of IoA, since all rumors indicate it is Forbidden Forest related. The Hogwarts Express station could be build here if there is ever to be an actual Hogwarts Express attraction that could take you to a 2nd Gate. The Studio Tour should be re-routed and its Station relocated.

Attractions
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" E-Ticket Experience
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" Coaster
- Hogwarts Express Station (If a 2nd Gate is ever to happen)

Dining:
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" Dining

Shops:
- Untitled "Forbidden Forest" Shops

PART 6: JURASSIC WORLD
With the HUGE success that is "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter", being followed by Disney's Pandora, Disney's Galaxy's Edge, and Universal's very own Super Nintendo Land, I'm sure that Universal already know how much revenue a great heavily themed land dedicated to a franchise can make. So, I believe that Jurassic World, being one of the highest grossing films of all time, would deserve its very own themed land. The Jurassic Park franchise should take over of "The Revenge of the Mummy" with a trackless Gyrosphere Dark ride, and most of the current lower lot as we know it should be re-themed to create a tropical paradise filled with deadly dinosaurs.

Attractions:
- Jurassic Park – River Adventure
- Untitled "Gyrosphere" Trackless Dark Ride [Revenge of the Mummy]

Dining:
- Jurassic Café Table Service
- Jurassic Park Visitor Center Quick Service [Panda Express]
- Jurassic Treats [Mummy Treats]

Shops:
- Jurassic World Exports [Character Shop]
- Jurassic Outfitters

PART 7: NEW YORK

Some time ago I heard a rumor that the lower lot would be re-themed to New York City, which I haven’t heard much about since then but it got me thinking. New York is the best bet to re-theme the area around Transformers and its "Supply Vault" Gift shop, but the theme should go further. Take Down a couple of sound stages to the left and you got enough space to port over "Race through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon", or a version of the same ride (Ready Player One? Pacific Rim?). That would the prime spot for the new Studio Tpur Station if the current one is to be taken over by “TWWoHP” Expansion. Speaking of which...

Attractions:
- Transformers™: The Ride - 3D
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Dining:
- Studio Café
- Starbucks (Lower Lot)
- Untitled Table Service Restaurant

Shops:
- Transformers Supply Vault
- Production Central
- The Tonight Shop

PART 8: STUDIO TOUR

The Studio Tour would remain mostly the same at its new location, but the end would be extended. After F&F: Supercharged ends, the studio tour then would then go through a new route behind the Forbidden Forest expansion. As the tram goes through the forbidden forest, the guests should be able to hear sounds of the dangerous creatures that lurk behind the trees, and maybe even encounter a caged Dragon throwing fire (Like in Goblet of Fire). It would then end and go down to the lower lot to the new station. The Tram Garage would be also need to be relocated, but I honestly don't know where it would fit. I'm sure someone more in the know than me would know where to locate it.

Attractions:
- Fast & Furious – Supercharged
- King Kong 360 3-D
- New Harry Potter Scenes beside "Forbidden Forest"

PART 9: SUPER NINTENDO WORLD

Not much to say here. The information we have on SNW for Hollywood is slim at best. Hopefully it will go to the left side on the Lower Lot. It makes sense to put it there. I'm hoping it sticks to Mario related attraction (Mario Kart, DK Mine Coaster, Yoshi Omni mover, and Bowser Jr.) so that if there's a future expansion it can fully focus on Zelda and Pokémon (Hopefully at a 2nd Gate).

PART 10: STARWAYS

Added two new starway routes to better and ease the flow between the upper and lower lots.

Share your thoughts! I tried to be as realistic as I could with my low knowledge of the actual geography of the park, so let me know if any of these wouldn't be possible at all or bad ideas in general.
I like it! Seems relatively plausible and it would finally make USH into a world-class theme park I'd want to visit. The only things I question is if an e-ticket HTTYD ride could fit into the Animal Actors spot, or a Sing dark ride into the Illuminations area. Otherwise, seems great.

The New York section could be pretty cool. I could see the table restaurant being a recreation of Sardi's.

That would be an amazing table service!

I like it! Seems relatively plausible and it would finally make USH into a world-class theme park I'd want to visit. The only things I question is if an e-ticket HTTYD ride could fit into the Animal Actors spot, or a Sing dark ride into the Illuminations area. Otherwise, seems great.

Maybe the ride replacing animal actors could go for a multifloor or vertical experience? The Animal Actors footprint is small, but if they get crafty and keep the queue outside the could do something great in the area. Here are some examlples of what could be done in the area. Special effects Stage has Astro Blasters overlayed and the 2nd picture has Mission: Breakout over the HtTYD showbuilding area just to show how a Drop Ride E-ticket attraction could fit in there. It does not fit nicely, but arrangements could be made to an structure like that. Maybe could even use the cliff side to its advantage.

1uKtnbm.jpg

5z0apsZ.jpg

@TerminatorX
Love the ideas, especially Dreamworks Plaza, and the maps! But here's how I think things might play out by around 2023 (and with much worse paint skills!):
USH 2023.jpg

LOWER LOT:
I don't think we will see a NY section in the lowerlot as SLOP will now go in the upper lot and it makes sense to have NY street sets near there.
Studio Tour - has to move to the Lower lot to free up expansion space.
Jurassic World - overlay for 2019, and wishing for a Jurassic World Main Street and Gyrosphere ride before Nintendo arrives. I know it means taking out more stages but worth it in my opinion.
Super Nintendo World 2022/23

UPPER LOT:
WWOHP -
Diagon just doesn't thematically fit next to Hoggsmead so can't see it happening anytime soon. Much more likely to see the same Hoggsmead coaster from Orlando come here, maybe with additional food and retail in a 'Forbidden Hollow' area of the forest?
Dreamworks Theatre - New film in 2020 and 2022? Seems like they will keep this fresh.

UNDECIDED:
At some point Waterworld is gonna be replaced - hopefully another show as it's a good people eater
And then there is Animal Actors / Special Effects shows - thats quite a sizeable space I could see them replacing for something big and new at some point - but for now what's the hurry?
Plus even with the expanded starway - I just can't see one starway being enough if they really open up the lower lot.

4th ORLANDO PARK & WHAT IT MEANS
This is the one to watch, once this new Orlando park is announced I'm sure we will see elements or 'lands' which could end up here in Hollywood - I'd love to see another big IP based land in the lower lot next to Nintendo and the park really needs additional floor space - it's already too crowded and thats only going to get worse.

Allow me to tip my hat into what I'd like to see..

• Dark Red: New Parking Structures, with the one next to ET as an extension of that current structure, and the structure next to Jurassic is a new Perfered Structure
  • Red: Hotel Parking Structure
  • Dark Blue: High capacity hotel, designed similar to Port Vita from Osaka and to block out any view of the Hilton hotel tower from the park
  • Yellow: New Citywalk venue
  • Teal: Pets
  • Orange: Potter Expansion (Diagon or a scaled down version of what Orlando is getting for the Dragon Challenge replacement)
  • Greyish Blue: Jurassic World mini-land, with a small family dark ride added into the area along with a revamp of JP: The Ride to Jurassic World River Adventure
  • Pink: Modern Hollywood (As the gateway to the Lower Lot, like Universal Plaza, it preserves Hollywood, but in a way that has more modernistic touches that represents more similar to the likening of Beverly Hills or downtown Los Angeles. Lights Cameras Action, starring Steven Spielberg) would be the highlight addition of this. Transformers would also receive cosmetic changes to be similar the Chicago N.E.S.T. building from Transformers, along with relocated Transformers extended queue to the left of showbuilding
  • Lavender: New Tram plaza to tie into the new Modern Hollywood land
  • Light Grey: Expanded Super Nintendo World, with more from the original Hollywood plans
  • Brown: New maintenance bay for tram cars
  • Light Green: 39 acre (2 more than Singapore) theme park

GeB3bWL.jpg

Saves Waterworld, SES, and Animal Actors for future expansion for the main park, and an expansion pad for the Whoville sets and Psycho House/Bates Motel in regards to the second gate.

I'm liking this ideas! Universal desperately needs an in-site hotel, that would be the perfect spot right now.

I spent some time on this new updated satellite view. It is a bit busy and quite outlandish, but this is what I would love to see.

RLd3Xjn.jpg

I'm liking this ideas! Universal desperately needs an in-site hotel, that would be the perfect spot right now.

I spent some time on this new updated satellite view. It is a bit busy and quite outlandish, but this is what I would love to see.

RLd3Xjn.jpg

Surprised that you included a Tour path, but nonetheless, I'll add my two cents into that.
9Cox9kT.jpg

The new path would cross paths around the new Red Sea Soundstaged, and have a new route that'd connect through Wisteria Lan and a finale taking over King Kong 360 3D (with the new sequence having a new scene before the 360 sequence).

Earthquake would remain, but the route leading to Wisteria Lane would be filled with picture cars from various Universal films, acting as if it's "The Hill's of Vehicles".

All could work, hadn't realised there is that much space which could be used for a second gate. There is so much that still needs to happen with the main park first, that I wonder if we will see a 2nd gate until 2030+ (If at all)

When does anyone think we will see another big announcement like the original 5 year plan that ended with Potter? Maybe something listing off Jurassic World, SLOP and Nintendo?

I know they are currently working through a new 5 year plan but they haven't announced anything attraction wise over that 5 year period other than Ninetendo coming at some point.

All could work, hadn't realised there is that much space which could be used for a second gate. There is so much that still needs to happen with the main park first, that I wonder if we will see a 2nd gate until 2030+ (If at all)

When does anyone think we will see another big announcement like the original 5 year plan that ended with Potter? Maybe something listing off Jurassic World, SLOP and Nintendo?

I know they are currently working through a new 5 year plan but they haven't announced anything attraction wise over that 5 year period other than Ninetendo coming at some point.

Things are starting to line up, but I have a gut feeling they are going to play safe and not drop everything until they need to.

I do think we should expect an announcement for something soon, but that I don't think it's something that's going to be as big as Nintendo.

Love the thought process. Keep this one thought in mind- Park hoppers.
Much like Diagon to Hogsmeade- If USH were to get it's second gate- they would find a way to "require" you to get a park hopper for the full experience.
So think of a connectable IP that would link the two parks; and a method of transportation to market it.

Reactions: fryoj
Much like Diagon to Hogsmeade- If USH were to get it's second gate- they would find a way to "require" you to get a park hopper for the full experience.
So think of a connectable IP that would link the two parks; and a method of transportation to market it.

That's why I placed that mention of either DA, or a scaled down version of what ye gents are getting at Hogsmeade next year.;)

If Potter is at the second gate, I actually think it wouldn't be Diagon, but perhaps some Fantastical Beasts.

Reactions: Andysol
If Potter is at the second gate, I actually think it wouldn't be Diagon, but perhaps some Fantastical Beasts.
I'm all for that- I like it Alex.
A replication of UOR would be annoying. If it's expanding into 2 parks and overhauling itself into a destination spot- I would prefer some uniqueness. Give me a reason to go to USH- right now I have none.

Good point:thumbsup:. Hogwarts Express is a huge money generator. 80% of all Orlando Universal park tickets are park hoppers since HE opened.

Satellite View
0oVAUwz.jpg

Looks like you might have guessed it right for the SNW location! Time will tell.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I will admit that I did this very same thing when I was an employee. Of course, many of the properties were not available back then. I like your sense of detail and focus upon potential reality. I know a few things that could change your ideas...but this is good stuff!