Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBA City Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2014
Tallahassee
According to screamscape today NBA City could finally be closing in early 2015 to make way for a cheesecake factory. What are your thoughts on this? I think it time for NBA city to close but I wish they would replace with something more exciting. I was hoping for a different themed place.

I like Cheesecake Factory and for those who don't know I list cheesecake as my #1 favorite pie. But they are everywhere, including in the area already.

I liked the idea, for the sit down restaurants, having original concepts as well as lesser known boutique restaurants with unique offerings.

I think adding Cheesecake Factory would be a waste of a property. Just with the direction they have been going with for Citywalk, it just isn't very original

Yea, if you consider down the street not in the area then there are none in the area. Also there are no other themeparks in the area as well, they are all further away than The Cheesecake Factory.

I think adding Cheesecake Factory would be a waste of a property. Just with the direction they have been going with for Citywalk, it just isn't very original

Everything other Menchies & Coldstone has been original concepts or very low national prominence (ie Cowfish).

Not crazy about this idea at all, because I don't really like Cheesecake Factory. 1. The overwhelming portions are off-putting, and 2. my husband makes better cheesecake.

Can we revisit that BBQ idea I had?

Yeah, I would prefer not having Cheesecake Factory myself. Seriously, there are so many different types of restaurant they could put in that could be entirely their own and wonderfully themed. BBQ is a popular one but what about some more foreign flavors like thai food, hibachi, or indian? I mean, Jiko's is one of the more well reviewed WDW restaurants and it is a wonderful blend of african and indian. I think Universal should shoot for something more along these lines.

Cheesecake Factory - that seems like a lazy option. At very least, why not bring in one of the lesser known brands by the same company.

Disney Springs is announcing original, or at least new concepts for the Orlando area on a daily basis it seems -- The Boathouse, the Hanger, Morimoto, etc. WDW has definitely raised the bar in this respect.

Cheesecake Factory will do very well with Tourists and I love their food. Not everything has to be an Original Concept.

The world's largest McDonald's would probably do well there too. Doesn't mean it should be built
Funny you mention that..

CF is an interesting idea and I think it would be very popular with everyone..it is not as unique as say Cowfish, but keep in mind..not everyone is into unique foodie destinations..sometimes recognizable venues are fine (i.e. Panda Express, BK, Starbucks, Coldstone, Moes, etc)..balance is key

How long until this becomes the HHN original vs. IP debate?

I don't know, :shrug: next week?

I don't think this is anything like that argument though. Personally, I'm ok with IP houses because while the theme for the house isn't original, the house is original, by that I mean you aren't going to get a Halloween themed house the way Universal does anywhere else. In terms of food, I can get a McDonald's burger down the block from my house in NYC, when I go to Orlando, I'd love to try something new like Cowfish, because that's something I can't get back home.

Shiekra mentioned that something recognizable venues are fine. Sure, when I'm on vacation, I don't mind getting a Starbucks latte just like I do at home, but if there was a superior, new coffee place at CityWalk, I'd be far more excited to try their drinks than just getting the same one I get at my local Starbucks.

It is not just the food when we are talking about unique, it is also the atmosphere. CF just seems too out of place for me, if you want plain jane go to I-Drive (where there is already a CF).

:thumbs:

Last edited:
Funny you mention that..

CF is an interesting idea and I think it would be very popular with everyone..it is not as unique as say Cowfish, but keep in mind..not everyone is into unique foodie destinations..sometimes recognizable venues are fine (i.e. Panda Express, BK, Starbucks, Coldstone, Moes, etc)..balance is key

Well those are quick serve. If they want a big name chain for a sit-down at least get one with a theme, like Hard Rock or Bubba Gump. What, they already have those? Okay then see if Emeril or Jimmy Buffet would throw one of their restaurants in there. :rofl:

It is not just the food when we are talking about unique, it is also the atmosphere. CF just seems too out of place for me, if you want plain jane go to I-Drive (where there is already a CF).

I like Cheesecake Factory, especially if Penny is serving the food.
Sure a unique restaurant would be nice but I think the huge menu options the CF has will please a lot of visitors.
At least it's better then a sportsbar, those are already all over town.

Status
Not open for further replies.