Netflix | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
With so many outstanding Netflix original shows popping up (Daredevil, House of Cards, Voltron, Stranger Things, E.T.C.); I think it may be within the best interest to make a thread that includes ALL OF THEM.

This thread is more for thoughts and news of the original show's coming to Netflix, as there is so many great pieces of content that it's not funny.

Sooo; I'll start off with this.

At San Diego Comic Con, it was revealed today that the new hit animated series; Voltron: Legendary Defender would be renewed for an second season that would officially hit in the fall. And coming up this weekend too, is all new pieces of news for the upcoming Netflix Original; Luke Cage.

And as for discussion, what is your favorite Netflix Original as of right now? I just got started on Stranger things and it's giving me a blast to the past of Stephen King type mini-movies with a touch of Spielberg in a way.

I just finished Stranger Things and let me tell you it was really giving me that classic Spielberg vibe. It made me feel like someone took the best parts of The Goonies, It, and a little bit of E.T. I haven't watched all of the originals but I have to say I loved this one, and I really hope they do a second season.

Reactions: snayberry
Opinions off the top of my head:

Bojack Horseman is the best Netflix Original, can't wait for the new season tomorrow.
Stranger Things was a lot of fun.
The Marvel shows are good but have pacing issues.
House of Cards had a great first season but went downhill afterwards. Haven't seen the most recent season but I've heard good things on it. Ditto Orange is the New Black.
Kimmy Schmidt is pretty good.
Master of None and Love are solid.

I do love their commitment on making new shows. Their movie selection is getting worse but the original content makes up for it.

Stranger Things was AWESOME.

Their original content is the only stuff I watch on there. The rest of the stuff is mostly average. Happy to keep paying a subscription whilst they churn out great series.

Reactions: Frogki
Daredevil, Kimmy Schmidt, Bojack Horseman, Master of None and Love are my favorite Netflix shows. Master of None and Love are very underrated imo.

Stranger Things was *expletive of your choice* amazeballs.
I enjoy Orange is the New Black, Voltron, Bojack Horseman and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt as well but the rest I can live without.

Oh yeah Wet Hot American Summer First day of Camp was also great.

Reactions: snayberry
Despite its inflammatory title, Dear White People was a surprisingly entertaining satirical show. Extremely good social commentary making fun of how we all overreact to things not matter what color we are.

Reactions: Legacy
Matt Goening has collaborated with Netflix Originals & The ULULU Company on a brand new animated series, releasing exclusively on Netflix called Disenchantment.

Disenchantment, releases it's first batch of episodes on August 17th.

And for fan's of the Fate franchise, Fate/Extra Last Encore: Oblitus Copernican Theory make's it's domestic debut for Netflix Originals on June 30th, and is animated by Studio Shaft.

Netflix stopped by Anime Expo, as they announced Season 2 of the Sanrio hit series, Aggretsuko, and gave the release date of the hotly recieved Video Game to Animated adaptation, of the Konami Castlevania series.

They also revealed an animated adaptation of Ultraman for Spring.

EDIT: LeSean Thomas has been developing a new show, Cannon Busters, slated for March 1st of 2019.

Netflix has casted their Geralt for the Netflix Originals adaptation of The Witcher, as Henry Cavill will be taking on the role.

And, Ellen will return to stand-up beginning in December.

Ellen DeGeneres' return to stand-up arrives on Netflix December 18th

And, BoJack is coming back this month.

Last edited: