Netflix | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Netflix

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't believe Disney was dumb enough to just let this movie go:

The company that green lite Strange new World and Lightyear? The one that let go of of the Miller Brothers? The company that forced 3 Pixar Films only on Disney plus?

Adds up, they would pass on anything that doesn't fit there "bubble"

Looks great, if it somehow comes to theaters I'd see it there for sure

The BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME drops this December:

Well--half of the Best Movie of All Time anyhow.

on an unrelated note, considering he made a public appearance at ONL (a gaming showcase promoting something that doesn't have a game); and is credited as a screenwriter and story head--doesn't that make him scabbing against the WGA?

Bolding this in edit, but looking into it further; and if I am wrong then by all means, but he is absolutely scabbing and going past the picket lines. I can't wait to see how this one bites him in the ass for future relationships with actors and fellow writers.

Last edited:
Rebel Moon looks very cool but.....I have yet to like a film the director has done

He always make cool looking projects but then I watch them and just...they feel "fake"

Enjoy those who like Synder films, looks like a fun time for fans of his work

Reactions: Grabnar
Well--half of the Best Movie of All Time anyhow.

on an unrelated note, considering he made a public appearance at ONL (a gaming showcase promoting something that doesn't have a game); and is credited as a screenwriter and story head--doesn't that make him scabbing against the WGA?

Bolding this in edit, but looking into it further; and if I am wrong then by all means, but he is absolutely scabbing and going past the picket lines. I can't wait to see how this one bites him in the ass for future relationships with actors and fellow writers.
DGA members are allowed to promote their films since they have a deal with the AMPTP (so Zack wouldn't be promoting in his capacity as a screenwriter, he's promoting as a director). Director contracts often stipulate that they have to promote too.

Gerwig and Nolan have been promoting too.

It’s expected that the WGA strike may end by or a bit after Labor Day (if things continue to get hammered out), and then the hope is that the SAG strike can get figured out before November. If not, studios will have major issues as that’s when a lot of big movies start to come out again (The Marvels, Dune 2, Trolls 3, Hunger Games prequel, award contenders, etc).

Many of those desperately need talent to promote them, specifically the star driven awards contenders and the Hunger Games prequel.

Finally am getting around to "Wednesday" (would have watched it last year...but it came out after Halloween? Like WTF?)

It's a cool idea and just...I guess I should not be surprised but...a love Triangle? I'm glad I'm reading Jenna Ortega is going to get rid of most of this side plot becase....who the hell was watching an Adam Family show....with boring normal love Triangle?

Finally am getting around to "Wednesday" (would have watched it last year...but it came out after Halloween? Like WTF?)

It's a cool idea and just...I guess I should not be surprised but...a love Triangle? I'm glad I'm reading Jenna Ortega is going to get rid of most of this side plot becase....who the hell was watching an Adam Family show....with boring normal love Triangle?

The rare times it tries to be an actual Tim Burton movie/show
(the piranhas, the pet scorpion)
it's great.

Too often, though, it tries to be another CW teen drama.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
The rare times it tries to be an actual Tim Burton movie/show
(the piranhas, the pet scorpion)
it's great.

Too often, though, it tries to be another CW teen drama.
I haven’t seen the full show but I did like the first episode. I just wonder if it’s even a bad thing that it goes with that kind of style. It was never really advertised as “Tim Burton’s Wednesday.” I think Netflix wanted a younger audience to embrace the show and they kind of succeeded on that front.

Reactions: Nick and Jake S
Finally labored through Fall of the House of Usher.

Incessantly boring for most of the runtime.

2 saving graces were:
Actor for Roderick Usher has a golden voice and fantastic line delivery so even the droniest mike flanagan monologues kept me listening
There was maybe two deaths in this series that felt like great payoffs and interesting adaptations to great poe stories.

This series has more dialogue than a damn Yakuza game.

With the exception of the Masque of the Red Death, I feel like the Simpsons have done a better adaptation of Poe than this show :lmao:

Of course there are tons of nice little easter eggs and references to Poe's stories that I appreciated, even if they felt like they were just there to remind you that this show was supposed to be based on Poe's work and not a dreary rework of Succession.

season 2 episode 3 GIF