New $1 Billion Expansion | Inside Universal Forums

New $1 Billion Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thoughts? This is all just politics on Disney's part. From everything I've heard, this project was going to go forward either way (garage, Star Wars, Marvel). Disney just wanted the tax breaks.

Thoughts? This is all just politics on Disney's part. From everything I've heard, this project was going to go forward either way (garage, Star Wars, Marvel). Disney just wanted the tax breaks.

Yeah... that's why I said they were doing it for the tax break :lol: It wasn't hidden in the article. Doesn't mean we can't speculate about what's coming with it.

Oh, not saying we can't.

And as I put in my post, I firmly believe we'll see a new garage, Star Wars at DL and Marvel at DCA. I'd also likely say that there will be general place making improvements around the resort.

Oh, not saying we can't.

And as I put in my post, I firmly believe we'll see a new garage, Star Wars at DL and Marvel at DCA. I'd also likely say that there will be general place making improvements around the resort.

I just hope they don't port over the Iron Man ride. I don't need 2 variations of Star Tours 3D.

Last I heard, they were looking at some sort of coaster, can't remember, but I feel like I heard it was a launch coaster.

I heard of the motorbike/speederbike launch coaster a la Pony Express at Knotts. Are you referring to a Marvel coaster in DCA? I'm not sure there's enough land over there. Maybe they could squeeze one in in Hollywoodland, but I'm not too sure.

Would love to see them utilize their recent "Flying coaster with vertical load/launch" patent. Could make for an excellent Iron Man coaster, with the queue and load platform themed to be within Stark tower. The sensation of being launched vertically in the flying position would definitely be unique/exciting.

Some images from the patent:
LSIsae3.png

GAfC5in.png

CY0nBRw.png

Link to the patent:
Patent US20140165868 - Flying roller coaster with vertical load and launch - Google Patents

Reactions: *Q*
While that looks awesome and I hope somebody does it (*cough* Uni), the only manufacturer with a good flying coaster model is B&M, and historically, Disney and B&M do not have a good relationship. Knowing Disney, if they actually plan to build this and not just patent it, they'll use stupid Vekoma, and their flying coaster is extremely uncomfortable.

Wasn't the entire overhaul of DCA 2.0 a total of $1.2B? They got a lot done with that. Mostly carsland, which turned out pretty good, but also WoC, and Buena Vista street. I think that $1B could go a long way, but the article say "at least". Of course, could mean nothing. But the $1B could just be a leverage amount and they have a bit more planned on top of that. Should be interesting either way.

Wasn't the entire overhaul of DCA 2.0 a total of $1.2B? They got a lot done with that. Mostly carsland, which turned out pretty good, but also WoC, and Buena Vista street. I think that $1B could go a long way, but the article say "at least". Of course, could mean nothing. But the $1B could just be a leverage amount and they have a bit more planned on top of that. Should be interesting either way.

My hot take is the $1bn is if Anaheim plays along. So that'll include infrastructure and parking improvements. Star Wars and Marvel will happen but won't be a billion combined. Especially with Star Wars splitting development costs between the costs. The motel DLR bought earlier this year should give you ideas of what's to come.

My hot take is the $1bn is if Anaheim plays along. So that'll include infrastructure and parking improvements. Star Wars and Marvel will happen but won't be a billion combined. Especially with Star Wars splitting development costs between the costs. The motel DLR bought earlier this year should give you ideas of what's to come.

I feel like I just read something that said there was 500 million extra and separate for parking improvements in addition to the 1b.

I got the survey that talked about the new hotel. And sometimes it mentioned it having an entrance to dl and sometimes dca. So sure sounds like it will probably go in the bus drop off. Not sure they would want the sky bridge going through it/ into it. So not sure how that part would work. Course it's just speculation on my part