Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Advertising Campaign

Yeah, with the fire and everything! LOL.

Think I saw something similar back in the early 2000s. I think back then, they had faux filming throughout the theme park.

I've always wanted to see that too! Would be cool to see some fake filming demonstrations on some of the sets! Imagine in Courthouse Square they have some pyrotechnics on the tip of the clock tower to simulate lightning, and then an explosion an a DeLorean would drive by! Would be cool :)

Regarding the campaign video, kinda lame actually, especially compared to the Florida version

The odd thing that struck me about that commercial was its resemblance to Orlando. Chris has mentioned this a few times, but I wonder if they're really trying to portray this park as resort-quality.

By that video, it would seem so.

It's so far from that until most of the NBCUniversal Vision plan is completed. kinda sad how the video lacked in actual rides haha
Yeah. Many of my friends complain about USH, the number one reason why many people don't like USH is because "THERE ARE ONLY LIKE 4 RIDES". I tell them, well it's a movie studio park and tight on space, and that the park evolved through the studio tour, they added attractions to make the tour more interesting, etc. 

Yeah. Many of my friends complain about USH, the number one reason why many people don't like USH is because "THERE ARE ONLY LIKE 4 RIDES". I tell them, well it's a movie studio park and tight on space, and that the park evolved through the studio tour, they added attractions to make the tour more interesting, etc. 
Yeah, Same with my friends... makes me upset alot.. -__-

I wondering if Comcast is trying to make this park resort-quality.

Personally, I hope not. That's always been a charm to the park that could go away if they attempt to add multiple hotels and such.

Well, they ARE adding two hotels, right? So I'm guessing that's their goal. I don't see it as a resort, i see it just as a fully encompassing destination, but not resort. But after everything, they'll probably rename it Universal Studios Hollywood Resort® or Universal Hollywood Resort® after they complete the expansion. I can't imagine a "resort" with one theme park....

If they do add an extra hotel, I'm hoping Universal will at least have a more hands-on approach with its operations - much like the current situation in Florida. The Hilton and Sheratan are great hotels, but they don't feel like they're situated next to a theme park. That may be their intention, but I want more of an integrated, resort feel.

As for the whole resort idea, I agree. Logistical reasons aside, who would really want that? Think of it: a resort in Los Angeles. Not sure the community is going to welcome that with open arms.