Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Aquatica Slide?

They did say a "new attraction in every park".

And going by the logic so-far with the rumors..

BGW: S&S Screaming Swing
SWSD: Skyline Skywarp Horizon
SWO: Sesame Street Play Area/Sesame Street Parade
BGT: Premier Rides Skyrocket II
Aquatica Orlando: New Slide Tower/Cabana Expansion

That would leave Sesame Place, SWT, Water Country, Aquatica Texas, Adventure Island, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica California.

Last edited:
The new slide will be replacing what looks to be a nicely landscaped cabana area next to the wave pool. Below is the demolition plan and the area in the park, for reference:

mxtztfs.jpg

YcXmcTS.jpg

It looks like the ride will be rather small. This plan sheet from the SFWMD filing shows the new attraction's footer locations:

BQMZ3y4.jpg

Taking a closer look, it appears the ride has two very large support columns right at the begining, likely to support the ride as it meanders briefly at a decent height. The second of the large support columns is reinforced by a concrete pad, so this is likely where the main drop will be. After the drop, it appears the riders will enter some kind of structure that's supported by the footers arranged in a triangle pattern. After that it's down and out to the final pool:

2mtYIK1.png

If I had to guess, I'd say it's something like a TornadoWave by Proslide (pictured below). I don't see any supports for a raft return conveyor, so it's possible its one of the smaller models that require guests to carry their tubes up the stairs - and with it being so close to Omaka Rocka and Whanau Way, it could share the same tubes/tube storage location. Of course, it's also possible the footers from the raft return conveyor just aren't included on this plan sheet, so it could be a bigger model as well - or something totally different!

N7N59pH.jpg

I thought they would go with a proslide flying saucer coaster like they are doing at water country. This might have required them going over the exit road for most of the layout. But the site plan drawing appear to eliminate that idea.
With that said, it appears they are working with proslide and this foot print would fit one of their tornadowave rides. This would give them the only tornado slide in central Florida, maybe. I say that bacause I think Margaritaville's new water park was showing a tornado slide on their original plans.

Last edited:
I thought they would go with a proslide flying saucer coaster like they are doing at water country. This might have required them going over the exit road for most of the layout. But the site plan drawing appear to eliminate that idea.
With that said, it appears they are working with proslide and this foot print would fit one of their tornadowave rides. This would give them the only tornado slide in central Florida, maybe. I say that bacause I think Margaritaville's new water park was show a tornado slide on their original plans.

If not mistaken, Volcano Bay has a Double TornadoWAVE slide with Honu and Adventure Island has a TornadoWAVE as well with Colossal Curl. both are larger models, perhaps this one will be a smaller one with no Conveyor Belt like the one at Carowinds.