New Band for Rock'n'Roller Coaster? | Inside Universal Forums

New Band for Rock'n'Roller Coaster?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
This ride REALLY needs a update. Aerosmith whenever you love them or hate them just aren't holding up with its dated pre show. The ride doesn't have that much to do with them so I'd be easy to replace the music and pre show with a new band. I know there was talk about a no doubt and Jonas brothers replacement but what band do you guys want to see replace it or do you think Aerosmith should stay?

Aerosmith is more of a timeless band than any fad band like the Jonas Brothers. So I think it should stay as it is today.

Aerosmith is still very much alive, and was even touring at one point. I don't think it's needs to change just yet. However, if one of the band members dies, I am curious to see what Disney will do. There aren't a ton of rock bands left that EVERYONE has heard or listened to. Possibly U2? Jonas Brothers is a terrible idea, as they are much more of a passing fad. The only other idea is to have a ficitioanl band, and have Disney pay royalities on cover songs. That way they could use any music they really like. Just sung from an unknown/ficitional artist.

Aerosmith is still very much alive, and was even touring at one point. I don't think it's needs to change just yet. However, if one of the band members dies, I am curious to see what Disney will do. There aren't a ton of rock bands left that EVERYONE has heard or listened to. Possibly U2? Jonas Brothers is a terrible idea, as they are much more of a passing fad. The only other idea is to have a ficitioanl band, and have Disney pay royalities on cover songs. That way they could use any music they really like. Just sung from an unknown/ficitional artist.
Just imagining Disney making their own fake band gives me cringe worthy thoughts, probably would go for the kewl punk crowd. U2 would be incredible, imagining vertigo with rock n rollercoaster is just a awesome thought. I don't think Aerosmith is timeless. It's hilarious how rock n roller coaster blasts music about cocaine and sex while Disney junior live is a block away. But anyways I do think if they replace Aerosmith it definitely shouldn't be a fad band based on their Disney channel shows. No doubt would've been badass but if they used it, my god it would be dated today. And YES skip and old time gangster theme would be killer next to tower of terror. There could be machine guns attached to the sides of the limo and you could shoot at people on the street!!! Genius

Just imagining Disney making their own fake band gives me cringe worthy thoughts, probably would go for the kewl punk crowd. U2 would be incredible, imagining vertigo with rock n rollercoaster is just a awesome thought. I don't think Aerosmith is timeless. It's hilarious how rock n roller coaster blasts music about cocaine and sex while Disney junior live is a block away. But anyways I do think if they replace Aerosmith it definitely shouldn't be a fad band based on their Disney channel shows. No doubt would've been badass but if they used it, my god it would be dated today. And YES skip and old time gangster theme would be killer next to tower of terror. There could be machine guns attached to the sides of the limo and you could shoot at people on the street!!! Genius

Cole.... No, that wouldn't be okay at all. I dont think that is whats JS meant at all.... lol

Last edited:
Hahahahaha, dude you just came out of no where and youre posting everywhere some cool but crazy concepts :p
lol thanks I try, I have a big imagination and it can go from actual possibilities to a shoot out roller coaster. I can't help it. But anyways what about Elvis or the Rolling Stones? Maybe a pop n rollercoaster with Madonna or someone else?

I think if they were to do it they would go the route or rip ride rocket and let individuals choose their song.

Going back to the shooting concept. A few things to consider

1 - At the Gforce that individuals feel on a coaster, it would be difficult for them to even aim the gun in the direction they want
2 - At that speed, how low is accuracy
3 - They have to be careful with something like that due to the higher amounts of gun violence that has plagued this country. Media would be all over it and mothers would scrutinize disney

I think if they were to do it they would go the route or rip ride rocket and let individuals choose their song.

Going back to the shooting concept. A few things to consider

1 - At the Gforce that individuals feel on a coaster, it would be difficult for them to even aim the gun in the direction they want
2 - At that speed, how low is accuracy
3 - They have to be careful with something like that due to the higher amounts of gun violence that has plagued this country. Media would be all over it and mothers would scrutinize disney
I was just kidding but oh my god that would be hilarious. Just imagining a limo with machine guns attached to it shooting at mobsters in around 100 miles a hour while doing flips. The tourist wouldn't even know how to comprehend. I call it "Space Gangster simulator 5000 the ride 3D" original idea don't steal Disney. I don't know if a rockit system would work. I think it would clash with a story and people would complain about it copying rockit. I would enjoy that though

The Rolling Stones are getting up their in age with Aerosmith...placing them on the ride would create the same results. Even U2 is a pretty old rock band. Im sure it would be something mroe family friendly, like Maroon 5, or maybe even Pop country? Everyone has different music tastes, its pretty hard to make everyone happy. Personally, I can't stand Aerosmith. Red hot chilli peppers maybe?

The Rolling Stones are getting up their in age with Aerosmith...placing them on the ride would create the same results. Even U2 is a pretty old rock band. Im sure it would be something mroe family friendly, like Maroon 5, or maybe even Pop country? Everyone has different music tastes, its pretty hard to make everyone happy. Personally, I can't stand Aerosmith. Red hot chilli peppers maybe?

I hate Aerosmith too, dream on can burn in hell for all I care. I'm very down with chili peppers, didn't they play music from them for rockin space mountain in Disneyland? I say replace it with a band or person that is a living legend like a MJ or queen, something timeless

How about the Beatles? Id think even if it was just Sir Paul people would flock to see that. As for Aerosmith, im happy with them and think they are a good fit and like Izzy I feel they are timeless.