New Dance Party at DHS | Inside Universal Forums

New Dance Party at DHS

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sorry but have any of you been to a Disney dance party? Surprisingly fun with the right people. Always wanted electronica to come to orlando but this will do for the people interested in it

Sounds like the Tea Party stage at DCA. Live band plays recent chart music there

If you guys are expecting something along the lines of Mad T Party or Electronica, prepare to be disappointed.

This is nothing than standard fair Disney character entertainment to keep guests in the park longer. It's a character dance party, similar to the [HASHTAG]#IncrediblesSuperDanceParty[/HASHTAG] in Tomorrowland, which runs pretty much about the same hours (I believe it's 5-10 there).

Nothing to see here folks. Just Disney trying to distract people from noticing that there's nothing to do in the park until Fantasmic! starts (or potentially the Frozen fireworks if those end up happening).

I haven't been to any Disney dance parties, I just saw the article and thought we here at OU would find it interesting. I thought the same thing, Disney trying to make it look like there is something exciting at DHS.

I haven't been to any Disney dance parties, I just saw the article and thought we here at OU would find it interesting. I thought the same thing, Disney trying to make it look like there is something exciting at DHS.
Wasn't meaning to come off as rude if I did. Just was trying to warn the posters above not to expect anything grandiose out of this.

It's going to be a standard fare character dance party.

Maybe we shouldn't be so down on this; after all, it is adding a little bit of entertainment to a rather blah park.

If you guys are expecting something along the lines of Mad T Party or Electronica, prepare to be disappointed.

This is nothing than standard fair Disney character entertainment to keep guests in the park longer. It's a character dance party, similar to the #IncrediblesSuperDanceParty in Tomorrowland, which runs pretty much about the same hours (I believe it's 5-10 there).

Nothing to see here folks. Just Disney trying to distract people from noticing that there's nothing to do in the park until Fantasmic! starts (or potentially the Frozen fireworks if those end up happening).
Oh so it'll be in the same vein as the monsters party during not so scary? That's not too shabby, I didn't expect it to be a character mosh pit anyways (I want you to process that thought in your brain for a second...a character mosh pit)

Maybe we shouldn't be so down on this; after all, it is adding a little bit of entertainment to a rather blah park.
The problem is that they have to do these type of things to keep people in the park because there isn't enough to do.

The Star Wars expansion can't come soon enough.

I notice a pattern with parks when they do events that have nothing to do with anything..Remember the dark ages of Uni when they had that random ski show and Universal 360...seems like Disney and SeaWorld parks are playing the 'random event' card recently..

The problem is that they have to do these type of things to keep people in the park because there isn't enough to do.

The Star Wars expansion can't come soon enough.

Agreed on the Star Wars expansion, but knowing TDO, it will come in 20 years, or not at all.

If any of you have read my DHS posts from March of last year, you know how I feel about this park-not a lot to do, really confusing layout, poor and overpriced food selections. Oddly enough, though, I would love a day to just wander this park, alone, and do what I want and really check it out, ride Rockin Roller Coaster, see Fantasmic (saw it when it first started, wasn't impressed), and maybe have some overpriced food somewhere. I sometimes feel I don't give it a fair chance because, other than the first time I went when it had been open about a month, I've never found much to enjoy there.

Agreed, I get that most members in this site are locals, at least living in US. What people forget time and time again is that WDW is not like DLR. At DLR there's a huge amount of AP holders, but in WDW there's a larger volume of people attending who are not locals and who will spend a day in these so called 'half day' parks

Guardians of the Galaxy Dance Party

Next week at animation plaza. Star lord and Gomora will be dancing to awesome mix tape volume one in a DJ party. Damn usually don't care about these but the fact that I can dance with star lord, it's all old jams and it's the first time any marvel character will be at a Orlando Disney park makes me REALLY want to go. I'd be very disappointed if this doesn't become a year round event like mad T party. Only thing I ask is that baby groot must be the DJ. Love the movie and love this announcement