Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Luminous: The Symphony Of Us

Disclaimer: We only heard snippets. The end result could be wildly different.

Pro's
The music sounds good.
No ip's.

Cons
Song isn't great.
It's all very safe as if we heard this before

No IP's? Did they record something completely different in 24 hours?

I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in person, but ... upgrade over Harmonious, nothing special, it feels like they're trying to check the IP exposure box by sticking You'll Be In My Heart and the Tangled song (iirc it was in there) into any firework show.

Last edited:
Caught one of the videos of this, and with the BIG disclaimer that it's no Reflections of Earth (nothing ever will be again)... I think it's actually pretty good. Some of the Disney songbook choices are a little head-scratching, but there's a real attempt made to build the show into a cohesive narrative, and I think -- for the most part -- they succeeded. This is a show for Epcot, not a castle show that got transposed over water and placed in Epcot.

The two original songs make for strong bookends, and the "Epcot Anthem" theme that features heavily in the new central gardens music loop is used throughout the Luminous program to help tie everything together. It's hard to tell from the video(s), but it appears there's some cool moments using sound through space and directionally, which could be quite impressive in person. Looks like good fountain and pyro stuff (though certainly nothing groundbreaking), too.

I think this is mostly a decisive win, and it's a show I'll certainly want to see in person (which I couldn't say about Harmonious).

The show was just ok. The ending saved it with some pretty unique pyro effects we haven't seen as much in the parks. It drags at some points kind of like Illuminations.

Also, preshow music had these 2 drum beats a few seconds before showtime that sounded like Illuminations... what a tease

I’ll spoiler it just to be safe but
When She Loved Me needs to be banned from in-park use - people are just trying to have a good time on vacation and here comes the saddest song from any Disney movie ever
In the context of the movie, it's a great song!

But yeah... probably not the vibe you want to impose on your guests!

Caught a video of this, and for me it looks like a nice firework show. It's not the most stunning thing out there, but I'll gladly take this over Harmonious which showed off all its tech early on and had nowhere to go from there.

My only gripe is the song selection, the original songs are fine, no qualms there. As pointed out elsewhere, the song list features two films/franchises which each have two songs in the show. I'm not the biggest fan of that, pick one song since you've got plenty of other films and songs to showcase. And on top of that, four songs are used in other shows.

Now as for one particular song being used for the "Sad" moment in the show, I'm a little torn. On one hand, couldn't they have found a different sad sounding song to use? But on the other hand, if you're going for Sad, that is hands down one of the saddest in the whole library. I can't blame them for knowing the assignment here!

Other than that, I do appreciate we got an Enchanted song in here, and it's one of my overlooked favorites, too.

All in all, it's a nice-looking fireworks show, and one I wouldn't mind seeing in person once I'm back down there next year!

Will say the sad song lasts a little too long IMO with no pyro or anything else, just like 5 fountains moving a bit. Kind of feels like World of Color without the context lol

I'll fight for those 5 fountains! They tell a story all by themselves. I could tell what was gonna happen from the first moments, but even still, finally seeing those streams of water fall away from each other at the end murdered me. Those fountains loved each other!!:sob:

Last edited:
Seen the show 15 times now, and it's being received better far more than Harmonious.

Best view is from Italy - the point of light on SSE add additional effects to the show that is best seen from here. (Just check the direction of the wind first, don't want to make the mistake of breathing in all that smoke tho)

Seen the show 15 times now, and it's being received better far more than Harmonious.

Best view is from Italy - the point of light on SSE add additional effects to the show that is best seen from here. (Just check the direction of the wind first, don't want to make the mistake of breathing in all that smoke tho)
good tip. But don't tell anyone else. :)