New Imagination Sponsor??? | Inside Universal Forums

New Imagination Sponsor???

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 30, 2011
A member at Mice Chat posted something about Colorvision taking over as a new sponsor for the Imagination pavilion. Looking at the company site, honestly, I think it is more likely Colorvision is coming on board to handle PhotoPass or maybe on ride photos. But, interesting none the less. Colorvision already does work with Universal and Busch Gardens, which makes me think they won't be sponsoring a Disney pavilion, but what do I know? Here is Colorvision's website: http://corporate.amazingpictures.com/

What do you all think? Possible sponsor or more likely partnering with Disney for photo ops?

A bit of both is how I see it. Product placement and they can 'sponsor' it to get their name out. But contary to popular belief in some sites a sponsor does not automatically mean BIG CHANGE! It just means Disney would rather have some partnership in money than nothing.

If you click on 'store locations', it lists WDW. So I assume it they will just be running the photo stuff.

Yes they already have WDW photo type software going in. It is basically like the AMAZING photo concepts where they put you on a cover of a magazine or landmark.

I wouldn't expect a huge change either. Unlike other sponsors, in recent years Kodak never had a big impact on the pavilion anyway. (RIP Kodak)

So, we all can pretty much agree this isn't a typical sponsorship. We aren't expecting Journey Into Imagination Presented by Colorvision.

It is not really a sponsorship at all. More of them just renting photo op space as far as I can tell.

Elsewhere they are saying they are becoming an operating participant in Imageworks only, not the pavilion. So, that basically wraps that up.

These are my two likely candidates that Disney would go after if they actually wanted to look for a sponsor for the Imagination pavilion I bet Apple or Lego would take over the Imagination Pavilion or maybe fix the ImageWorks upstairs but as we know the ImageWorks upstairs has not been touched in years. :bang: here is proof that it has not been touched in years. [video=youtube;udddtDRxS_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udddtDRxS_Q&feature=channel[/video]

Last edited: