New Project for Dinoland? | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DAK is also hot af. If you get there in the morning you’re exhausted by 2:00. It’s a great park if you wanna go early, then hit the pool. Or, sleep in, get a large breakfast, little pool time, then go for late afternoon for a few hours. It needs a lot to be a full day park but it’s more than fine as a half day park right now.

While I want it and see the potential for a full day experience, remember not every hotel guest needs a full day so this park does work for some people in those aspects.

Wasn't Animal Kingdom's lagoon deemed not feasible for a World of Color-type show because of water quality/clarity issues?
They thought they could spend less money by creating autonomous barges versus building a platform like WoC... and yet somehow they still magically spent a lot.

I could be wrong, but aren’t they super limited because the Animals are nearby and they don’t want to trigger them?
This is just another excuse they use. Everest is pretty loud and can be heard from Rafiki's Planet Watch next to where the animals sleep. Obviously no use of Epcot/MK fireworks, but low-level pyro like the ones used at Fantasmic could be utilized.

Rivers of Light showed them that nobody really cared about the tech that powers a show, the show itself needs to be great, and yet somehow they pulled the same thing with Harmonious.

I could be wrong, but aren’t they super limited because the Animals are nearby and they don’t want to trigger them?
In terms of a massive fireworks spectacular, probably.

But a primarily water fountain-based show would almost certainly be fine for the animals.
They thought they could spend less money by creating autonomous barges versus building a platform like WoC... and yet somehow they still magically spent a lot.
I don't think it was just a platform issue, but a concern about the high amount of particulates and sediment in the body of water itself.

Gonna lock this thread and the main discussion on any change can now be had in this thread, despite them not committing.

Status
Not open for further replies.