Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Newbie needing help with USH

Jan 7, 2016
Hello everyone! Im a newbie here and have a few questions about USH. My daughter and I will be traveling to CA March 30th til April 9th for the first time. We are spending the first 2 days in San Diego then driving to Anaheim April 1st til April 9th. We have 4 day tickets to DL and wanted to try out USH Saturday April 2. My question is the VIP experience worth the price. We have no care about harry potter. I was debating on getting the LA go card 2 day option but then I seen USH is included in 3 day but Im worried the lines will be insane. Please help me decide if we should invest in the VIP exp or just do a 3 day on the LA Go card. We dont mind putting the money out for the VIP exp as long as its definitely worth the price. We are Disney world vets and dont mind crowds but I figured with spring break it may be very packed. Thanks all

In my opinion, the VIP Experience is definitely worth it! 

Here's the breakdown of what's included, compared to the other ticket offerings:

VIP Experience- $329 per person

-Special backlot tour (The normal studio tour is 45 minutes and you stay on the tram the entire time. The VIP Tour is about 2.5 hours long, and you get to get off of the trolley and walk around parts of the studio.)

-Unlimited front-of-line access for all rides and reserved seating for all shows

-All-you-can-eat buffet lunch in the VIP dining room (good food)

-Continental breakfast in the VIP lounge

-Free valet parking and private VIP entrance into the park

-Free ponchos, sunscreen, and water

Front-of-Line Ticket- $149-209 (the price fluctuates depending on the time of year)

-Admission

-One-time front-of-line access for each ride and reserved seating for every show

General Admission Ticket- $95

Have fun! :)

If you want a unique experience with USH as opposed to the standard theme park experience, I would always choose the VIP tour.  If this is the first and possibly the last time you will visit the park...then do it!

USH does not have enough to warrant a 3 day visit.  Potter will be open by that time but I would also expect it to close during the day for setup of the red carpet event and opening ceremony.

USH is a very compact theme park footprint and the crowds can be horrendous and very dense in many areas.  Its an old park trying to figure its way one section at a time.  Remember, this theme park was not built in a day.

Last edited by a moderator: