Nintendo Switch | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The fact they are not releasing it in 2024 makes me wonder, could this of been planned to of been a NSW2 Launch Title; but once the delay of the console occured (*Midori, the Atlus/SEGA leaker, has now indicated that it is now hard march and won't be changed*); TPC had to change their plans to hold off a small bit more.

Combined with the comments on quality issues occurring with the series; could be very easily understandable that they had a reason to do two birds with one stone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
At this point I’m wondering a bit why games might not be ready. Certainly they’ve had enough time since Odyssey and Bowser’s Fury to make a new 3D Mario right? Also Mario Kart should be ready by now as I think the only other projects that team made were Arms and the DLC. I don’t know who made Mario Kart Tour if it was the main team or a side team.
Either way we’ll know what’s going on soon enough if the rumored announcement event still happens next month. If not, there’s still the end of year investor call in May where if the console does come out in March of next year they’ll likely mention it by codename like they did with the original Switch. If neither of these things happen there’s going to be a lot of upset fans, including me :lmao:
One part of this article I forgot to mention yesterday is that they also want to limit scalping as much as possible by having as much stock as they can available at launch.

I mean if they want to limit scalping then they can go the Sony/Xbox route and have a way to use your Nintendo ID to buy a console via the Nintendo Website

For the most part it seemed to help people get the PS5 that are fans because they sent out links to people who had bought games on the systems first and then other accounts

I mean if they want to limit scalping then they can go the Sony/Xbox route and have a way to use your Nintendo ID to buy a console via the Nintendo Website

For the most part it seemed to help people get the PS5 that are fans because they sent out links to people who had bought games on the systems first and then other accounts
That would be a good idea but no good for me. I work in retail and I want my 15% off :lmao:

That would be a good idea but no good for me. I work in retail and I want my 15% off :lmao:
lol

You could still get it there but Sony and Microsoft just also sold to hardcore gamers who they saw spend money on the E shop

It rewards your hardcore fans and Nintendo makes more profits per unit

Interesting. Veeeeeeeery interesting.
I wonder if that rumored reveal event would still be on for this month. We’ll just have to wait and see.
thats...good?

Feels insane that the Switch which is between a PS3 and PS4 is going to be at the PS4 Pro Level.....was hoping for more since the Ps5 is 4 years old. But we will see the Switch doesn't need power for Nintendo games but more third party stuff

thats...good?

Feels insane that the Switch which is between a PS3 and PS4 is going to be at the PS4 Pro Level.....was hoping for more since the Ps5 is 4 years old. But we will see the Switch doesn't need power for Nintendo games but more third party stuff
When earlier rumors had it pegged as being on par with the base PS4 I’ll be more than happy with PS4 Pro performance lol.

You have to consider we’re still getting games for the PS4 and XBone to this day. Big releases like Elden Ring which I have no doubt could take the spot Skyrim had in the early marketing of the original Switch. Nintendo would be stupid to not secure that game for the launch window.

Because of how weird the situation is with the current gen I don’t think the Switch 2 being weaker will hurt it too much for quite a while. The Switch line will continue the tradition of handhelds bringing previous gen power on the go simply due to costs but as we can see now the gap in that power compared to the current gen is going to get smaller and smaller every generation. Just look at how far we’ve come from the days of a GameBoy game vs. a Super Nintendo game. The GameGear had to make compromises to have the power it had and it still wasn’t on par with a Genesis and the Nomad, which WAS a portable Genesis, was too expensive and failed because of that. Even the portable PlayStations were always at least a generation behind the main console.

Last edited:
When earlier rumors had it pegged as being on par with the base PS4 I’ll be more than happy with PS4 Pro performance lol.

You have to consider we’re still getting games for the PS4 and XBone to this day. Big releases like Elden Ring which I have no doubt could take the spot Skyrim had in the early marketing of the original Switch. Nintendo would be stupid to not secure that game for the launch window.

Because of how weird the situation is with the current gen I don’t think the Switch 2 being weaker will hurt it too much for quite a while. The Switch line will continue the tradition of handhelds bringing previous gen power on the go simply due to costs but as we can see now the gap in that power compared to the current gen is going to get smaller and smaller every generation. Just look at how far we’ve come from the days of a GameBoy game vs. a Super Nintendo game. The GameGear had to make compromises to have the power it had and it still wasn’t on par with a Genesis and the Nomad, which WAS a portable Genesis, was too expensive and failed because of that. Even the portable PlayStations were always at least a generation behind the main console.
I just want a Switch Pro Option

That's all I want, most people don't need that but give an option for games to spend 200+ bucks for something that can play pretty much anything a good steam deck can

I just want a Switch Pro Option

That's all I want, most people don't need that but give an option for games to spend 200+ bucks for something that can play pretty much anything a good steam deck can
Watch about the first 20 minutes of the video the article includes and he explains the comparison to the Steam Deck too. It’s not far off.

Mainly SSD games will not be playable then which I can live with since most of those are third party
That only matters depending on how third party partners are willing to work in ways that make sense with hardware Nintendo has. We also have no guarantee in the type of a hard drive the new console will use (or even the type of a SSD it may have).

Perhaps alongside Mario Kart 9?

Looks like we’re getting news on these games Sunday. Likely just trailer drops with release dates.

Paper Mario on May 23rd, Luigi’s Mansion on June 27th. Announced today.

I think it’s safe to say whatever Pyoro says goes if you weren’t already convinced from his spot on Direct leaks.