Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

No more Celebration of Harry Potter

What I'm curious, is of what they have planned now with Celebration being done.

One thing would be to maybe toy around something more...unique with the Back To Hogwarts idea, or to finally bring the Halloween festivities from Osaka to Orlando.

Curious of what'll fill the void of Potter in that regard, at the very least.

It was time really. People complained it was the same celebrities year after year and it was just the same look at these costumes. Just bring the death eaters over and move on.

My biggest takeaway from that is RTU moving. The parks were DEAD this week so as said above, would not be surprised if HHN starts a week earlier next year

My biggest takeaway from that is RTU moving. The parks were DEAD this week so as said above, would not be surprised if HHN starts a week earlier next year
I hope not. It is just a tad better outside today but 7-8 hours of this heat is too much. Leave that stuff to the mouse and let it cool just a bit (or a lot but I know FL) so HHN is the best it can be. Another week into November I am good with, the money has been spent so staffing is the only real cost to run it longer.

This past year, Attendance wise at least, seemed like a normal day in the park. I don’t think it propped up January numbers like RTU almost certainly will due to how profitable it is.

I think it was several factors, with profitability being the obvious #1. Sure, the locals/AP's enjoyed it, but there was no real draw to bring in the GP. I'm sure package bookings have been soft the past couple of years, too. I also think last year's more negatively reviewed experience didn't help.

They saw an opportunity with RTU to slide in, which they admit works in RTU's favor a lot better with weather and school schedule, all while they retool for a future Potter-themed "weekends" event.

I think it was several factors, with profitability being the obvious #1. Sure, the locals/AP's enjoyed it, but there was no real draw to bring in the GP. I'm sure package bookings have been soft the past couple of years, too. I also think last year's more negatively reviewed experience didn't help.

They saw an opportunity with RTU to slide in, which they admit works in RTU's favor a lot better with weather and school schedule, all while they retool for a future Potter-themed "weekends" event.

There seems to be more authentic excitement for the fan made stuff which is a main highlight of the Back to Hogwarts event. I bet next year we see celebs come down for the opening of the coaster, something that last weekend of August or first weekend in September as the fan event, then a recalibrated new event in 2020 for the 10th Anniversary of WWoHP.

There seems to be more authentic excitement for the fan made stuff which is a main highlight of the Back to Hogwarts event. I bet next year we see celebs come down for the opening of the coaster, something that last weekend of August or first weekend in September as the fan event, then a recalibrated new event in 2020 for the 10th Anniversary of WWoHP.
I'd love to see Robbie appear for this and be given a chance at redemption after the Diagon opening. Mark was brilliant that year as well and would be welcome to come. ;)