Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nope Studio Tour Attraction

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Construction has been underway for months now, on an all new Studio Tour attraction to be located, within the Falls Lake section previously occupied; by that of the forest cabin that has been moved to the backside of the WoTW sets.

1651194366054.png

Photo source: JPLand

The theme of the upcoming addition to the Studio Tour, seems to be using a western backdrop of some nature, though it is unclear to why it is using the western backdrop.

Is this where the great outdoors cabin is just between war of the worlds and supercharged? I think a western attraction could be awesome. Very old school

OMG, I saw this and was like...."whatever film they are planning to do looks amazing and would pay extra to walk through it"

So glad this is just going to be added onto the Tram which...very much needs more to see because the last 5 times Ive gone you can't go into the Metro sets....which basically makes the ride to me pointless

So that Western Town is apparently going to be used as part of the Studio Tour attraction. Interesting. Could this be our 2024 addition?

I would wager that this is going to be a mini stunt show for the tour. I will take it over another 3D simulator for the tram.

So that Western Town is apparently going to be used as part of the Studio Tour attraction. Interesting. Could this be our 2024 addition?

I would wager that this is going to be a mini stunt show for the tour. I will take it over another 3D simulator for the tram.
Would be great if this could be a mini Wild Wild Wild West sequel. It’s very telling that they’re not just building another 3-D screen tunnel, maybe they know that we are getting sick of screens. It’ll be nice to see some special effects in action in live settings for the tour!

What’s the scoop on how we know this is 100% for the Studio Tour…? I feel like I’m missing something.
From the permit Project Description: "The proposed project includes the installation of film sets on the southern most portion of the Falls Lake site. These sets will primarily be used as part of the Universal Studios Tram Tour; however, on occasion may be used for production activities, special events or other Theme Park operations."

If I recall, there was a mini stunt show on Six-Points in the tour. The tram would stop and then a Sheriff would pop out and there would be a gun fight. Looks like they may be bringing that back in a larger scale I hope.

You know, the Terror Tram being set to Nope would make a hellllll of a lot of sense considering the movie's premise

You know, the Terror Tram being set to Nope would make a hellllll of a lot of sense considering the movie's premise

The permit did call for the option of using it for a seasonal event alongside for studio use if they wished. This should debut for the Summer, but if NOPE is the IP for this Studio Tour attraction: I'd wonder if they'd lean towards the horror beats more.

Been a while since I've seen any construction updates, wonder how it's going. Guessing if this is NOPE, it would be opening within the next couple months!

Public test screenings of NOPE begin this week, so if it is connected with that film, we'll likely get some confirmation of that soon. Mainly gonna be on the lookout to see if the name Jupe pops up anywhere, as that would be the big tell here
Anyways, this thing continues to take shape, noticed that a clock seems to be added to the front of a general store. Could be that'll be used for some sort of effect. Really curious if this'll have actors or not

1652660770850.png

Source: