Northwood Pie (2020) - (Prime Video & More) | Inside Universal Forums

Northwood Pie (2020) - (Prime Video & More)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 1, 2013
Hollywood California
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share with you #1 Passion (theme parks and Universal are #2) one thing 'Ive found so amazing about this site and the community in general is seeing and learning how many of you have almost equally as sized passion for film and movies! With that said...

My first indie feature 'Northwood Pie' comes out this Friday!!! Delivering August 14th to Prime Video, Amazon, Tubi, Google Play, Youtube Movies! northwoodpie.com

Its a coming of age romantic comedy based on a remarkably unremarkable adolescence. I spent 12K making this movie and shot it mostly on the weekend with friends. It was able to play at few festivals last year and now I'm lucky enough that its getting a decent sized release.

Synopsis
Community college burn out in the making, Crispin, spends the majority of his time stuck on repeat with his long-time group of friends. But a newfound desire to move out of his suburban hometown prompts him to land a job at the local, rundown Northwood Pizza. There he meets a group of employees as attached to their jobs as Crispin’s friends’ are their city—including Sierra, a girl whose musings lie deeper than most. Through his experiences with his friends, coworkers, and kindling relationship, Crispin learns to embrace his higher ambitions

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 4.37.27 PM.jpg

Northwood Pie is a coming of age romantic comedy with subtle nods to its biggest inspirations — like Clerks, Swingers, and Richard Linklater — but targeted towards millennials specifically. Even though it’s technically a millennial college movie, its core message about taking the next step in one’s life is relatable to all generations — be it current or nostalgic. Everyone’s worked at their own “pizza place” at one point or another. Northwood Pie was also shot on location in Irvine, California — where the real Northwood Pizza has been a staple since the ‘70s.

The Real Northwood Pizza
A fixture for Irvine, California, Northwood Pizza has established itself as the town’s cultural mainstay. Between hiring primarily local high school kids and college students—while catering to both since 1981—the restaurant has impacted the lives of multiple generations. If it takes a village to raise a child, Northwood Pizza is the village—making even the colossal suburbs of Irvine feel like a small town. If it wasn’t your first job growing up, then it was your friend’s, sibling’s, or your initials held a high score in the arcade. So when ownership changed and closed 30 years of tradition around 2011, residents grouped together in social media protest until two childhood friends and former employees reopened its doors in a new location. Which served as our film's shooting location, and where our very own writer, Todd Knaak, found inspiration for this film through his 2-year

IMDB
Rotten Tomatoes
Letterboxd

Thank you all so much, I hope you guys end up enjoying the film and I'm able to provide 80 minutes of entertainment to your life.
Hope all is well and you and all your families are staying safe at these times! Thanks again.

NW Pie Nov 2.00_07_01_04.Still003.jpg

NW Pie Nov 2.01_07_37_23.Still035.jpg

Reactions: UNIrd
Northwood Pie is now FREE on Prime Video and has a 90% on Rotten tomatoes!!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 12.54.38 PM.png

Here is a link to the film to view for FREE (with Prime)!!!
Amazon product ASIN B08F3QX875
Its also free on Tubi Northwood Pie (2020)

Thank you guys so much! Honestly this is a dream come true, small little movie I made on weekends with a smaller budget than a college senior thesis film! I didn't think the movie was going to get an RT page or get released but here we are !!!

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Northwood Pie now has a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes now!!!!!

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.28.06 AM.png

"Salahi proves to be a highly-capable filmmaker, as the movie is incredibly well shot for a film made with less money than the craft-services budget for a Marvel movie" - Matthew Dekinder

"The movie charts a course between laconic, sardonic and apocryphal embellishments. When Salahi and Knaak stay in the Linklater-esque suburban malaise with the Smith-esque flourishes of unexpected sincerity, "Northwood Pie" absolutely delivers" - Blake Howard

The film has been out for 4 months already!!! How time flies! With a movie so small it needs all the help it can get. And just knowing someone actually took the time out of their day to watch the movie just makes my week!

If you do watch the film Please take the time to rate the film/review on Amazon Prime and/or other sites. This isn't going to get me rich, but its going to help the movie be seen by more people. Thanks again for everything!

Here are the links again to check out the film... Its Free on Prime Video and Tubi!

Prime Video - Watch Northwood Pie
Tubi - Watch Northwood Pie
Also on google play - Watch Northwood Pie

Thank YOU! Hope you all have an amazing holiday!

Reactions: Nick
Hey Everyone! If you aren't sold on the movie yet here is 3 minute clip of the movie. It's kinda just 2 shots actually. I think if you watch this scene you'll be hooked and want to check out the whole film! Annika Foster the actress is really talented. Enjoy!

Last edited: