Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NYE Citywalk 2014

I was very surprised when I saw this event take place at USH.  I wanted to be there because I knew it would not last long.  It really gave a sense of "Wow, this is a real theme park!"

I recommend you guys go celebrate New Year at the Disneyland Resort. Can't beat it over there at either park :p

It'll be fun to see a New Year show at USH in the future that would incorporate the Wizarding World somehow and fireworks over Hogwarts.

They do mention that they scaled back due to the "epic transformation" taking place in CityWalk, which brings up a few questions. First off, wasn't the "epic transformation" title used for the park's changes only? Could they now be referring to the removal of GameStop and other changes they'll be making further down the road within CityWalk? Also, does this mean the grander festivities will return at a later date..?

They do mention that they scaled back due to the "epic transformation" taking place in CityWalk, which brings up a few questions. First off, wasn't the "epic transformation" title used for the park's changes only? Could they now be referring to the removal of GameStop and other changes they'll be making further down the road within CityWalk? Also, does this mean the grander festivities will return at a later date..?
Just sounds like an excuse to be honest. The NCBUniversal Evolution Plan has always included a few expansion pads for CityWalk.

I am generally not a fan of NYE in the first place, but last year I spent some of the evening portion seeing Wolf of Wall Street and was like, "Wow if I cared this would be really lame"...

...and now Universal wants people to actually do it. Um okay.

HOWEVER if you have not already I highly recommend at least catching the show of BTTF. It's fantastic on a big screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd LOVE to see ET on the big screen again. Saw BTTF at the Cinerama Dome a few months ago. But on NYE?

I'll be working (as I always do) but this is just lame. I wonder how many people are going to just show up expecting fireworks, some entertainment and a few drinks...