Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

October 5, 2014 Photo Update – Universal’s Epic Transformation, Potter, Springfield and More

Jon, a couple questions

How is the flow of traffic though that area with all of the current construction? I can imagine with HHN its horrendous.

In comparison with Florida is the new Springfield facade larger in overall scale?

Also does it appear to be an immursive area or more along the lines of a one-sided facade?

Also, Great Photo update!

How is the flow of traffic though that area with all of the current construction? I can imagine with HHN its horrendous.

In comparison with Florida is the new Springfield facade larger in overall scale?

Also does it appear to be an immursive area or more along the lines of a one-sided facade?

Also, Great Photo update!
Admittedly enough, the flow on the Upper Lot isn't too bad during Halloween Horror Nights. It's the Lower Lot and backlot that become especially crowded. As for Florida, Hollywood's Springfield is definitely gander in scale if you're only comparing the Fast Food Boulevard food court, but Florida does have more room to play with overall - making their land more immersive. Think about a really nice facade versus an actual street with Simpsons-themed venues. Hollywood might try to make it immersive by transforming Louie's and modifying the Kwik-E-Mart, but I don't think it'll compensate for the lack of an actual street.

That being said, I don't think Hollywood's setup will detract from its experience. They're just two difference approaches after all.

Thanks for the response. Im definitely jealous with the amount of effort put forth to transform that area and I cant wait to see what the finished product will entail. Its looking like Hollywood is really starting to come around considering the bittersweet real estate the park sits on.

Thanks for the response. Im definitely jealous with the amount of effort put forth to transform that area and I cant wait to see what the finished product will entail. Its looking like Hollywood is really starting to come around considering the bittersweet real estate the park sits on.
Take that, Florida!