Official MLB Discussion Thread: Season Starts July 23rd | Inside Universal Forums

Official MLB Discussion Thread: Season Starts July 23rd

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 5, 2020
If anyone's interested in watching a 60 game season, here's the tweaked schedule which starts on the 23rd! Who's your pick to win it all?

This'll be interesting.
MLS is currently doing this a bit. I noticed it last night. The crowd volume levels were low, but was still odd to hear chants when no one is there. It’ll be much weirder in a giant stadium.

The Bundesliga (Germany) and Premier League (UK) started the piped in crowd noise, and FS1 uses it during their MLS broadcasts.

ESPN actually uses “live noise,” which included more microphones around the field (including some embedded in the grass).

I prefer the live noise.

Yes, one of the Dodgers beat writers compared the fake noise compared to no noise and mentioned the fake noise does wonders compared to the eeriness of silence. I'm super hyped for baseball to come back, I'm hoping the Dodgers finally win it all, although I' not quite sure how LA would be able to celebrate afterwards.

I'm predicting Padres vs Mets for the WC, Dodgers vs Mets for NLDS, Braves vs Cards for NLDS, Dodgers vs Braves NLCS and Dodgers to win the pennant.
As for the AL, I'm predicting Angels vs White Sox for the WC, Asteriks vs Twins for the ALDS, Yankees vs Angels for the ALDS, and Yankees vs Twins for the ALCS with New York winning the pennant

I'm taking Dodgers over Yankees in 6 in the World Series, just because I know Tanaka is a playoff beast and Cole will make a world of a difference in the playoffs.

Yes, one of the Dodgers beat writers compared the fake noise compared to no noise and mentioned the fake noise does wonders compared to the eeriness of silence. I'm super hyped for baseball to come back, I'm hoping the Dodgers finally win it all, although I' not quite sure how LA would be able to celebrate afterwards.

I'm predicting Padres vs Mets for the WC, Dodgers vs Mets for NLDS, Braves vs Cards for NLDS, Dodgers vs Braves NLCS and Dodgers to win the pennant.
As for the AL, I'm predicting Angels vs White Sox for the WC, Asteriks vs Twins for the ALDS, Yankees vs Angels for the ALDS, and Yankees vs Twins for the ALCS with New York winning the pennant

I'm taking Dodgers over Yankees in 6 in the World Series, just because I know Tanaka is a playoff beast and Cole will make a world of a difference in the playoffs.
'Asteriks' vs. Twins....Clever.....Love the cut. :lol: :thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: chris.g

This'll be interesting.

I said a month ago that if only they could fake in the crowds in the stands it would make for exciting television. Something just above game level real time should fill the bill and be easy to achieve. It will be like Gladiator!

WELP
They have a minor league team that plays out of Buffalo (or something like that). Since there's no fans anyway, they could play there.

Amazing to think back that the two MLB study areas that were originally anticipated that all games would be initially played in , ie. Florida & Arizona, are now the two most infected states. Shows the difference that a few months make.
From pretty safe to pretty unsafe, overnight.

Reactions: chris.g
They have a minor league team that plays out of Buffalo (or something like that). Since there's no fans anyway, they could play there.
There is some talks in the works of them playing at Sahlen’s Field in Buffalo. The Buffalo Bisons who regularly play here are the AAA affiliate of the blue jays.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hopefully, once the sports leagues all start up, perhaps people will stay at home in their extra time more instead of super social spreading covid. Of, course, that's if the players can take it easy too, and not run around outside the bubbles.
.....Add on: A report in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette says various sources are saying that the Blue Jays are looking into the possibility of playing 'some' of their home games in Pittsburgh's PNC Park.

Last edited:
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is reporting today that the Toronto Blue Jays will be playing their season in Pittsburgh's PNC Park, and that MLB has agreed to it....That will be interesting. We'll have two teams
to root for this season, just like the mega cities of LA, NY, Chicago.

Last edited:
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette is reporting today that the Toronto Blue Jays will be playing their season in Pittsburgh's PNC Park, and that MLB has agreed to it....That will be interesting. We'll have two teams
to root for this season, just like the mega cities of LA, NY, Chicago.
Yup...

Apparently their schedules don’t overlap too much, so it’s easy for them to do.

It'll be fun to follow two teams. Both teams are young, and each probably will struggle to get to 30 wins....but you never know for sure with such a short schedule. Hope always rings eternal when a season starts...Play ball !!! :cheers: :popcorn:
....and maybe with sports leagues starting, people will stay at home more to watch games, and stay out of public spaces a bit.