Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Osborne Lights to End Run

Does that indicate that a portion of Star Wars Land will occupy the Streets of America? If so, Star Wars may be located in an area somewhat different than a lot of insiders were saying (Magic & TPI insiders were saying Echo Lake area). And this is on the heels of Tom Staggs announcement this week that Star Wars groundbreaking is starting in 2016, earlier than the D23 announcement of a 2017 beginning)

It could be a mixture of both TLL and SWL, to be honest. I think Star Wars is supposed to extend out into the parking lot, so it may not need all of the space going towards SoA/Muppets. If anything, it's probably prep work for Toy Story construction.

Well that's disappointing, I thought I heard rumors of them moving it a few years ago but this sounds more like it's the end of the show. Really a shame.

Does that indicate that a portion of Star Wars Land will occupy the Streets of America? If so, Star Wars may be located in an area somewhat different than a lot of insiders were saying (Magic & TPI insiders were saying Echo Lake area). And this is on the heels of Tom Staggs announcement this week that Star Wars groundbreaking is starting in 2016, earlier than the D23 announcement of a 2017 beginning)
The rumor of it going into Echo lake is a very old rumor. It's very likely headed into what is currently cast parking.

Well that's disappointing, I thought I heard rumors of them moving it a few years ago but this sounds more like it's the end of the show. Really a shame.
You never know what will happen once DHS gets it's act together. The place is gonna be a mess for a good 4-5 years.

The rumor of it going into Echo lake is a very old rumor. It's very likely headed into what is currently cast parking.
Yes, that's been around for a while. But, immediately after D23 both Magic & TPI did stories indicating that's where the insiders thought it was going, Echo Lake plus cast parking, plus most of the insiders over there at Magic concurred with that idea. That was just a few weeks ago. Even if they do cast parking, to get the 14 acres in, they'll have to intrude on the existing park area. So perhaps they're moving in a different direction, ie. SOA and adjacent. Just guessing here though, trying to put these events in a meaningful order.

Yes, that's been around for a while. But, immediately after D23 both Magic & TPI did stories indicating that's where the insiders thought it was going, Echo Lake plus cast parking, plus most of the insiders over there at Magic concurred with that idea. That was just a few weeks ago. Even if they do cast parking, to get the 14 acres in, they'll have to intrude on the existing park area. So perhaps they're moving in a different direction, ie. SOA and adjacent. Just guessing here though, trying to put these events in a meaningful order.
SOA very well may be involved, but I don't think too much of Echo Lake will be disrupted beyond the Indy area from what i've heard of late.

There are three locations SW can go, with my bet still on IJSS, backlot express, parking, and behind the house facilities.

SOA very well may be involved, but I don't think too much of Echo Lake will be disrupted beyond the Indy area from what i've heard of late.
My feelings also. I'd like Echo area to stay since it's really the only green area in the park. Also, I thought an entrance to SW right off the main street would have been too out of place. It'll look better if it's past Echo Lake.

Well that's a good way to get people to come to the Studios this winter! We paid $100 to see these Christmas lights.

From the way this is written, I would guess that best case it is gone until HS becomes a real park again, worst case (likely) gone permanently. If they were moving it they would have said so and made a big to-do out of it.

From the way this is written, I would guess that best case it is gone until HS becomes a real park again, worst case (likely) gone permanently. If they were moving it they would have said so and made a big to-do out of it.
Yeah, they said they were closing it. They didn't say they were moving it. At least in this point in time.

In my mind, once the front and right sections of HS are fixed, that back section will be completely redone. I don't think it will have a place to make sense anymore with what the new look and feel of HS will be. The only places I could see them doing it are
Downtown Disney (if east side isn't altered too much) and they would have to find a way to monetize it because well its been one of the only draws at HS for the past few years.
Epcot which would be a pretty loose fit and lose some of its draw.

The only park that would be able to pull it off and have it look nice at that point would be USF, but I would highly doubt it showing up again.

On another message board I follow, one of the Osborne's posted that the family was give an inventory sheet of the Osborne Family portions of the event still being used. They were implying that the family would be getting those items back after this season. From that, it sounds like it's over.

I got a chance to see them both on residential street and Streets Of America. They will be missed.

First the arches at Epcot, now the Osborn lights, what is next? I hope the castle lights. It take so much low paid man hours. The Disney company can save greatly for their shareholders.
Lets go there for the last time and book the $100 cupcake desert party to see the lights for the last time.