Overbudget | Inside Universal Forums

Overbudget

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

Do you think USH will go overbudget on its future attractions? They overbudgeted on Transformers and Mummy, do you think DM will be overbudgeted too?

I heard it from an employee, that explains the mural a little bit, as you probably saw in the original concept, they had a mural because they knew they were going to go overbudget. Originally, EVAC was supposed to be placed at the top of the TF sign, but that would be danger. So they decided to save money for the ride itself.

That's not what I heard at all.....

Also, hard to believe our Mummy went over budget considering we got the cheapo version ;)

Anyway, from everything that I've heard, Transformers was not over budget at all. The facade becoming a mural instead of military base facade was simply to save money, not because we were over budget. The only other "cut" they made cuz of money was not including the animatronic Optimus at the end, and instead we got a projection. Which was also for continuity since the rest of the ride was projection based

I've heard of the military based facade too. But i was told the attraction went overbudget. And they said in the press release they would have a Megatron animatronic, but that didn't happen, it didn't move, it is just stationary. But whatever you say Allen, it's might be correct. But that is what i was told. Have a Universal Day!

Megatron is "dead" so that's why hes stationary, no? Lol

Transformers opened an identical ride (with lower tech 3D) in Singapore first, so i don't sense where they mightve gone over budget. Oh well ol

It's either Universal Creative thought that was the end of the TF franchise. But there is a fourth one coming out. So what was UC thinking? LOL

Yep. I really doubt Transformers went over budget. The facade had to have been factored in before they started construction.