Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Park Tips

Feb 2, 2013
Arizona.
I've been wanting to make a post; but now as its the two thousand post; I thought i'd do it on this,

I am currently going to be attending USH on March 12th, and I have not a lot of questions to ask..except one.

With USH now having Potter, DMMM, and Supercharged; which one should I go to first? I am not allowed to go into the park until around 3 PM due to certain things; and I am having a FOTL pass aswell; so i'm making sure that even with the late arrival, the issue shouldn't be as big.

Thanks for answering if possible; and I can't wait to see USH once more, as I've been waiting to go since 2012; and its one of those moments to that i'm probably going to be in tears, for when I have a Butterbeer or a Flaming Moe.

I would head over to DMMM first. Then over to the tram to see Supercharged stopping by Moe's for a Flaming Moe on the way. Then I'd head over to Potter. I've noticed that Potter seems much less busy towards the end of the day. Yesterday (a Saturday) I wandered in around 7PM and it was nearly empty. No wait at all for Hippogriff and about 20 min for FJ.

I agree with @ItsAtrap - at 3:00 PM, you should probably limit Potter till the end of the day since you'll be hitting the peak crowds. The Studio Tour would be my personal first hit followed by Despicable Me. I'm not the biggest fan of the evening tour since a daytime tour will allow you to take everything in without experiencing areas that haven't been enhanced with nighttime ending. If you're looking to take any photos, this will be especially important since your camera will have an easier time adjusting to broad daylight rather than the evening hours.

Moe's would also be a good stop before you head to the tram since Springfield has a tendency to close earlier than the park. From then, you can probably hit Despicable Me and then Harry Potter.

Hope this helps.

Its going to be very tough to walk by WWoHP and not go in, but you will want to save it for last because you will not want to exit the land for at least 2 hours or more.  If you only want to walk by WWoHP once to test your strength, go on DM first and then the Tour.  But I agree with Jon that the tour is where I would always want to start (but Potter will be screaming at you all the way). :)

Its going to be very tough to walk by WWoHP and not go in, but you will want to save it for last because you will not want to exit the land for at least 2 hours or more.  If you only want to walk by WWoHP once to test your strength, go on DM first and then the Tour.  But I agree with Jon that the tour is where I would always want to start (but Potter will be screaming at you all the way). :)

Potter will probably be screaming at me from the parking lot; so there isn't much I can do there. :p

I've figured my gameplan, hopefully this can be commented on the best alternative.

1.) Studio Tour

2.) Grab a Flaming Moe; before heading to the Lower Lot

3.) Jurassic Park, then Mummy and finally TF

4.) {If possible} Go see Waterworld

5.) Go over to ride DMMM

I plan on saving Potter till the Kaiser event, that I am attending; so after DMMM, I may go around and do anything else while I wait for the event to begin. I also heard that there is a Control booth tour for JPRA, is that true? If that's the case, how can I do that tour?

Thank you everyone that has helped me. And now, I only have a small amount of time till I go; and I can't wait to enjoy what you all have been experiencing for quite some time.

~Alex

If going to the park for less than 2 hours, just park in Frankenstein Valet! It is only $15 for less than 2 hours compared to $18 for general parking (anytime before 5PM). You also get parked much closer and get your car delivered to you! LOL But over 2 hours is $30. So make sure, if over 2 hours park in general or valet. Hope this tip helps anyone!  http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/parking-and-transportation/

Thanks, but I'll be at the area starting around the afternoon, as I leave around at 12 AM, due to going to the Kaiser event.

Hehe, I know. I am just posting it as a general "tip" for anyone. Will this be the "tips" section? Anyway, hope you enjoy your trip at USH tomorrow. 

I would head over to DMMM first. Then over to the tram to see Supercharged stopping by Moe's for a Flaming Moe on the way. Then I'd head over to Potter. I've noticed that Potter seems much less busy towards the end of the day. Yesterday (a Saturday) I wandered in around 7PM and it was nearly empty. No wait at all for Hippogriff and about 20 min for FJ.

sorry for bring up old thread.....

But I wonder if Potter is still less busy towards the end of the day? So it is worth doing it as the last item ?

I be going around 2nd week of Dec.

Thanks.

@wongck I'm not completely sure about the Wizarding World, but most attractions are ussualy less busy towards the end of the day. Thats when wait times should begin to drop.

Potter is best either early in the morning or late in the evening. If you've bought your ticket online, you get access to "early park admission": exclusively potter open an hour before the rest of the park. The last 2-3 hours of the park, Potter is very, very slow. I've seen the Ollivanders queue totally empty with two hours left before closing. 

However, as the park hours get shorter towards the end of august and through the rest of the fall, it'll be interesting to see how it impacts Potter.

Potter is best either early in the morning or late in the evening. If you've bought your ticket online, you get access to "early park admission": exclusively potter open an hour before the rest of the park. The last 2-3 hours of the park, Potter is very, very slow. I've seen the Ollivanders queue totally empty with two hours left before closing. 

However, as the park hours get shorter towards the end of august and through the rest of the fall, it'll be interesting to see how it impacts Potter.

Thanks for answering.

But I do not understand these sentences "The last 2-3 hours of the park, Potter is very, very slow. I've seen the Ollivanders queue totally empty with two hours left before closing."

when you say "Potter is very, very slow." you mean it moves slowly because a massive crowd but no one at Ollivanders  ??

Sorry I am not a native English speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you say "Potter is very, very slow." you mean it moves slowly because a massive crowd but no one at Ollivanders  ??

I believe he means that the Potter area is slow with visitors, having little to none, including Olivanders, meaning around these times Ollivanders could have a minimal to no waiting time 

Sorry I am not a native English speaker.

Nothing to apologize for!

Chris Galindo was correct. Within the last few hours that the park is open, there are not many guests in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter part of the park. Because of this, it is commom for Ollivanders to have an empty queue well before the park is closed.

Ah so.... this is good information, I may reconsider to go at the end of the day.

We be there 2 days, the 1st day the park close at 10pm and the 2nd day 7pm. My guess is that this works for the 1st day better than the 2nd.

However, I do not see my kids lasting till 10pm.

Long time fan, first time poster! I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. This past Wednesday while riding Hippogriff my phone accidentally flew out of my pocket (on Hippogriff of all things, I know haha). Anyways, I went to Guest relations to give them my information and since that day I have called at least once a day to see what is going on with my phone. Using find my iPhone I can see that my phone is still on and working and could even here the ring a litttle bit toward to entrance to the ride. It's Saturday and the first two days the Person on the phone from Lost and Found gave off the impression that the phone wasn't even searched for in the first place. This morning I turned on find my iPhone yet again to find that it is still in the same location it's been. My battery is getting low now so I'm running out of time. Any ideas? I realize this is a weird situation haha If my phone wasn't responding to find my iPhone I wouldn't be bothering right now but as it says it's still working and because when I called it I could actually hear the ring I feel the phone still is obtainable. 

Last edited by a moderator: