Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Parking at Dockside Inn and Suites

Nov 30, 2021
Booked for a week long vacation package at Dockside Inn and Suite. I do see that the resort offer paid parking but do someone know any other cheaper/free option within walking distance of the Dockside Inn and Suites. I see nearby Walgreens, 7-11 and other business but not sure about overnight parking there.

Anyone with experience or suggestion. Currently debating whether to rent a car or not should just use rideshare for whatever transportation we need.

I wouldn't risk leaving your car at any other parking spot of I-Drive, for the risk of being towed, or other potential issues. If you're not wanting to pay the per-day parking charge and getting dropped off at Dockside is an option, I'd go with that.

I wouldn't risk leaving your car at any other parking spot of I-Drive, for the risk of being towed, or other potential issues. If you're not wanting to pay the per-day parking charge and getting dropped off at Dockside is an option, I'd go with that.
Thanks for the advice, I am not going to take any major risk. I might go with rideshare or pickup Avis Rental car from surfside Inn. Also any idea if any of the surrounding hotel offer parking package.

Dockside also has Avis.
Thanks that's actually make it even more convenient. With my corporate discount, I can get a week long rental for about 150$. Do you know if they share the same parking lot with the resort, wondering that if I rent from them they might allow me to overnight parking.

Thanks that's actually make it even more convenient. With my corporate discount, I can get a week long rental for about 150$. Do you know if they share the same parking lot with the resort, wondering that if I rent from them they might allow me to overnight parking.
On the lower level of the north garage there is an area where Avis keeps their cars. I am not sure if you can park there after you have rented the car though.

On the lower level of the north garage there is an area where Avis keeps their cars. I am not sure if you can park there after you have rented the car though.
I would think their agreement with Lowes/Universal for the space would have a clause prohibiting parking rented cars on their section. They wouldn't give up the fee.
If you don't pay somewhere I wouldn't park a car in that area. IT will be towed.
One possibility if you wanted to be extremely cheap is to park at the convention center bus/commuter lots and take the bus up. You can park overnight there or at least you used to be able to but you are leaving your vehicle in an unprotected lot that is very quiet at night.

I thought this thread was going to be about how difficult it is to find parking here on certain nights.