Pirates of the Caribbean Spin-off | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Pirates of the Caribbean Spin-off

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
This project is set to star Margot Robbie with Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson on board. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce. It is rumored that Robbie will play the recently introduced "Redd" to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. No word on if Johnny Depp will return for Jack Sparrow and given that he was vindicated recently, he's no longer a risk to hire employ on Disney's part.

This project is separate from the already announced franchise reboot being developed by 'Pirates' scribe Ted Elliott and 'Chernobyl' creator Craig Mazin.

VolcanoAye

Sep 15, 2019
was the other announced franchise the one with Karen gillian? i thought she was rumored to play redd. regardless, super hyped!

Jerroddragon

Jun 27, 2017
I just want a reboot.....or like something sooo removed from the other films.

Loved the first Pirates film its one of the best films action films ever made but besides the cool look of Davey Jones and his ship...I don't really care of the other films of the story's they tell. The First film is just so jammed packed and feels different while the sequels are either confusing orpaint by numbers action films story's.
I would love another film that feels fresh like the first film