Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pirates of the Caribbean Spin-off

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
This project is set to star Margot Robbie with Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson on board. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce. It is rumored that Robbie will play the recently introduced "Redd" to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. No word on if Johnny Depp will return for Jack Sparrow and given that he was vindicated recently, he's no longer a risk to hire employ on Disney's part.

This project is separate from the already announced franchise reboot being developed by 'Pirates' scribe Ted Elliott and 'Chernobyl' creator Craig Mazin.

was the other announced franchise the one with Karen gillian? i thought she was rumored to play redd. regardless, super hyped!

I just want a reboot.....or like something sooo removed from the other films.

Loved the first Pirates film its one of the best films action films ever made but besides the cool look of Davey Jones and his ship...I don't really care of the other films of the story's they tell. The First film is just so jammed packed and feels different while the sequels are either confusing orpaint by numbers action films story's.
I would love another film that feels fresh like the first film

To me this is an easyyyyyy series to make. Make likable grey characters and have them go on a treasure hunt with a cool Villain

But Considering they only made 1 Amazing film (cool if you like the sequels but to me only the first one is really amazing though the entire film) I have little hope here....I have noooo idea why some of these easy win series suck.....Jurassic looking at you as well but somehow they always fail at making easy good sequels for trash

The Pirates series really felt like a victim of its own success. They continued to do incredible special effects and the music absolutely bangs … but the story lost a lot of steam as things went along.

I was obsessed with the original movie, watched it over & over lol...

However, my favorite(s) of the franchise are actually "At World's End" (its the most "at sea" of the franchise) & "Dead Men Tell No Tales" (it felt like first movie & 3rd movie mashed together). I actually prefer those two over the first *gasp* but "At World's End" has such an amazing soundtrack.

Dead Man's Chest was awful. I don't mind "On Stranger Tides", to me, it's better than the 2nd movie. It has re-watchability, unlike the 2nd film.

I was obsessed with the original movie, watched it over & over lol...

However, my favorite(s) of the franchise are actually "At World's End" (its the most "at sea" of the franchise) & "Dead Men Tell No Tales" (it felt like first movie & 3rd movie mashed together). I actually prefer those two over the first *gasp* but "At World's End" has such an amazing soundtrack.

Dead Man's Chest was awful. I don't mind "On Stranger Tides", to me, it's better than the 2nd movie. It has re-watchability, unlike the 2nd film.
The third film

Man what a disappointment to me

I was expecting a Pirate war...and yeah we did not get that

Would love them to set that up again and have more then one crew we care about so even if the "good" guys win we can still have drama if another Pirate crew is taken out.

The third film
Man what a disappointment to me
I was expecting a Pirate war...and yeah we did not get that
Never expect something that wasn't being lead up to. It was always about the characters & *insert quest here*

But the films were never heading toward any type of big battle. The battles we did get were just fine & impressive (*cough-expensive*). These are adventure treasure-seeking movies full of myths/legends. If they went for the "war" angle, we wouldn't have gotten 6 movies & an impending reboot/spin-off.

johnny depp disney GIF

Never expect something that wasn't being lead up to. It was always about the characters & *insert quest here*

But the films were never heading toward any type of big battle. The battles we did get were just fine & impressive (*cough-expensive*). These are adventure treasure-seeking movies full of myths/legends. If they went for the "war" angle, we wouldn't have gotten 6 movies & an impending reboot/spin-off.
I mean the trailer made it feel like a war.....then it was two boats fighting