Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Pier (2018)

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
npifi498978951.jpg

New Pixar Pier to Bring Favorite Pixar Stories to Life at Disney California Adventure Park; Limited-Time Pixar Fest Celebration Coming Throughout Disneyland Resort | Disney Parks Blog

So what do you think? Discuss.

I definitely expect some of the Bug's Life flat rides to show up here once it closes. Flik's Fliers at the very least.

Video of the announcement:

John hints at new rides, which lends credence to the rumor of that spinner placed in Screamin's final helix finally coming to pass. What I'm hoping is that Pixar Pier will only take up the back half of Paradise Pier, with the side staying put so the other rides don't suffer unnecessary rethemes only mere years after the last ones. And I mean, c'mon, they aren't going to redo Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

Well, I hope.

John hints at new rides, which lends credence to the rumor of that spinner placed in Screamin's final helix finally coming to pass. What I'm hoping is that Pixar Pier will only take up the back half of Paradise Pier, with the side staying put so the other rides don't suffer unnecessary rethemes only mere years after the last ones. And I mean, c'mon, they aren't going to redo Ariel's Undersea Adventure.

Well, I hope.

Im with you on this one.

D23 was on a roll up to this.

This just baffled me. The current Paradise Pier is great IMO; a very pretty and classic aesthetic with lots of great references to old Disney shorts. Why shoehorn Pixar into it so much?
Because that is what happens when you have a landlocked park with marvel land going in your last expansion pad.

I was totally against the GotG/ToT conversion when it was announced, and now that is my favorite ride at DCA. I am totally against this announcement because this is completely unnecessary. I'm gonna give this a chance, but it's pretty atrocious how obvious they're trying to shove more IPs down our throats. I mean, we can't even have any flats not based on an IP? Geez Louise…..

On the flip side, we are likely going to have some new flats out of this. It sounds like they're finally putting something in Maliboomer's old spot. Plus, the reskins will still apparently keep the old-time boardwalk theme in place. Still, they could've added stuff without trying to make everything Pixar. This sounds like a very Bob Chapek thing to do UGH.

This basically confirms that Bugs Land is going bye-bye. I think they'll add two new flat rides. One for the old Maliboomer plot which still has it's queue infrastructure in place, and one for Screamin's helix. I'm curious about the Pixar Pal's theater. I wonder if this will be a new flex space to replace ITTBAB.