Planning first post-COVID trip | Inside Universal Forums

Planning first post-COVID trip

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 19, 2009
Southern US not Fl
Was thinking of trying to plan a trip in June ,Was curious if everyone is thinking to try to do that ?
Will guests still be to scared to venture out in a crowd?
Will Universal limit capacity to as to keep bad crowds from forming ?
Think I should just wait and do my Annual HHN trip for the First or Second HHN weekend in September ?
I Had a trip Canceled for next week .Will people not want to vacation due to income lost in shutdown?
More Crowds because people been Stuck at home?
Less crowds because lack of funds/used up Vacation Days /Ect

Was thinking of trying to plan a trip in June ,Was curious if everyone is thinking to try to do that ?
Will guests still be to scared to venture out in a crowd?
Will Universal limit capacity to as to keep bad crowds from forming ?
Think I should just wait and do my Annual HHN trip for the First or Second HHN weekend in September ?
I Had a trip Canceled for next week .Will people not want to vacation due to income lost in shutdown?
More Crowds because people been Stuck at home?
Less crowds because lack of funds/used up Vacation Days /Ect

Tackling each one in a list.

1. As Brian said, wait till UOR announces a reopening date, while I hope the parks can reopen in June it's more likely it'll be later.
  2. I expect some won't care or willing to risk it, I think most won't want to venture out due to risk of contact or they cannot afford.
  3. Honestly, no idea yet. I know industrial engineering teams at Disney are working on this problem so it's likely Universal is too.
  4. HHN is not a done deal but waiting till late September or early October is a safer bet than June.
  5. Yes
  6. No
  7. Yes

Reactions: MrRoamer and Teebin
None of us are experts on this but we don’t know.

IF they are open however, I see it being very strict on security, masks are to be worn, temp taken each day before you enter Citywalk, gonna he a hell of a lot different when things initially open.

I don’t doubt eventually the parks will be back to what we are used to with them, but I don’t see that in 2020. Not until testing is so widespread and easy that we can test tens of thousands of theme park guests a day. I don’t see that happening until the fall really where there is so much testing that more things can open up because more people will be able to get tested, symptoms or no symptoms.

Reactions: Grabnar
Thanks for your replies. This is the grim reality of this pandemic I guess. I probably will take a pass on this summer. Wearing masks in 95 degree, hot, humid weather does not sound appealing lol. Thanks again.

Reactions: Scott W.
While Disney/Universal won’t take your money, every off-property hotel and airline would love to, even if nobody knows if the parks will be open.

I personally don’t see any reason putting down deposits on things you’ll probably have to fight to get refunds on later.

Hey guys, similar line of questioning and concern as JackHammer. My fiancee and myself want to take our yearly vacation to Orlando during HHN the last week of October. Universal's website says something pertaining to refunds for bookings made between now and May 31st. If I'm booking a trip for late October, do you think it's still worth paying the Refund option just in case or would we be covered by booking now?

Hey guys, similar line of questioning and concern as JackHammer. My fiancee and myself want to take our yearly vacation to Orlando during HHN the last week of October. Universal's website says something pertaining to refunds for bookings made between now and May 31st. If I'm booking a trip for late October, do you think it's still worth paying the Refund option just in case or would we be covered by booking now?

Hotels can be cancelled for a full refund up to a week before the trip, I do it all the time. Lock in that low rate now.

Reactions: Andysol
Can confirm what Joe said above, I had a big trip I cancelled about a month and a half out BEFORE Coronavirus was a thing here and they were incredibly accommodating. Was actually really easy to deal with. Might be difficult to get through to someone right now cause I'm sure their calls are crazy at the very moment but for the most part they're accommodating in my experience.

here's something to consider,
parks might open but not everything might open, not all stores and rides might be available. Hours might be cut shorter, capacity shorter. your favorite attraction might not be available.
China has tried to reopen their stuff but have had to close everything again due to new outbreaks. thats why opening here has to be done carefully.

Reactions: Gumbo
here's something to consider,
parks might open but not everything might open, not all stores and rides might be available. Hours might be cut shorter, capacity shorter. your favorite attraction might not be available.
China has tried to reopen their stuff but have had to close everything again due to new outbreaks. thats why opening here has to be done carefully.

Won't speak for others but personally we'll be going mainly for HHN so as long as that's up and running, we'll make do with not having everything available. Hopefully things will be back up and running more so in five-six months but it won't surprise me if it's not. We'll just protect ourselves as much as possible and prepare that it may or may not happen.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Won't speak for others but personally we'll be going mainly for HHN so as long as that's up and running, we'll make do with not having everything available. Hopefully things will be back up and running more so in five-six months but it won't surprise me if it's not. We'll just protect ourselves as much as possible and prepare that it may or may not happen.

hhn is huge and so many people are waiting to see (even me)
i think hhn might open if the parks open but i dont know if it will be opened the wholr time. im very curious to see how they handle queue lines and crowds in general.

I have lots of trips scheduled and have had several cancelled.

My saying would be: Plan a trip but don’t plan on it.

That's exactly where we're at. Excited for the chance to get to go but if it doesn't happen, we'll make do on our own up in CT!

I just heard Disney is talking a reservation system to get into the Parks each day .If they are only letting in until 25% Capacity is reached.Will all Passholders Not in parks that day get an extra day ? Only ones turned away? If I travel in from out of State and get turned a away I have spent a hotel night for no reason. Will onsite hotels have priority on getting in Parks ? Is 25% Capacity enough to hold everyone in Universal Hotels?

I just heard Disney is talking a reservation system to get into the Parks each day .If they are only letting in until 25% Capacity is reached.Will all Passholders Not in parks that day get an extra day ? Only ones turned away? If I travel in from out of State and get turned a away I have spent a hotel night for no reason. Will onsite hotels have priority on getting in Parks ? Is 25% Capacity enough to hold everyone in Universal Hotels?

We really don't have an answer for that. Any answer would be speculative.