Planning Tips for March 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Planning Tips for March 26

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 18, 2016
We will be there on Saturday, March 26 and want to be able to ride and watch as many shows as possible.  We range in age from 11-50's and are open to all rides.  What would be your plan of attack to do as much as possible? 

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Given that March 26 is currently an open date (no planned private events or annual pass previews) for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I'm going to bypass all traditional notions on how to navigate the park and say go to Potter first. Arriving at park opening is essential, and I suggest immediately hitting Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (and Flight of the Hippogriff if you're a completionist). The first fifteen minutes or so of park opening will hopefully allow you to reride Forbidden Journey multiple times.

I then suggest hitting the Lower Lot to ride Jurassic Park, Mummy and Transformers (the latter of which is their newest addition to the Lower Lot, which means it may garner the heaviest wait times of the day). Finally, head to the Upper Lot and complete Despicable Me, Simpsons Ride and the Studio Tour as your day frees up. Because shows are scheduled throughout the day (and usually require 15-30 minutes of queuing up before posted show times), we suggest prioritizing rides - specifically the Lower Lot and Wizarding World - above everything else when you arrive. Once you finish both, you'll be able to enjoy the park at a more leisurely pace, watching shows and experiencing the Upper Lot's rides. You'll still have to wait, but hitting both Potter and the Lower Lot will expedite your day.

If you'd like a general overview of the park, I suggest you head over to our Start Here guide which gives you a general look at the park.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jon! It's been a great long while that I have been on ushforum. Good to be back, it means we are coming for a visit. Yeeeeesssss!!

We are planning to be there this weekend. More than likely just for a day on May 29th. Do you think we should consider purchasing FOTL passes or just endure the lines? We really want get in as much as we can if not everything, plus or minus some of the shows.

Looking forward to another visit and thanks ahead for the info.

We are planning to be there this weekend. More than likely just for a day on May 29th. Do you think we should consider purchasing FOTL passes or just endure the lines? We really want get in as much as we can if not everything, plus or minus some of the shows.

Welcome back!

The long-standing rule of arriving before park opening applies here. If you're willing to wake up and take advantage of Early Entry, you should be able to complete all of Universal's rides and attractions. That being said, this weekend is expected to be busy, so a Front of Line pass would certainly help. If you're aiming to take a leisurely pace around the park, a Front of Line pass will ease the anxiety of running from attraction to attraction. You don't need one to be successful, but it may be helpful for a weekend as busy as this one.