Portofino Bay room questions | Inside Universal Forums

Portofino Bay room questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 25, 2013
Hi all. Brand new here. Found forum via Universal Guidebook. Nice to be here!

So, my family and I are staying at PB for the first time in July. Initially had Hard Rock booked, but a Passholder discount came out and it was $600 cheaper to stay at PB. Staying for 6 nights. I have a Garden Standard View room booked. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Deluxe Room or the Bay View. So a few questions I had:

1.Does the Deluxe Room have a chair or couch that turns into a sleeper?
2.Do any of the Deluxe Rooms have views if the Bay or balconies?
3.What kind of views do the Deluxe rooms offer?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Uh oh, captainkidd from over on disboards found orlandounited, lol. Darn, this forum is becoming less and less secret, hehe. Well I have stayed in a Portofino bay view room and wasn't that impressed with the view. Yes the window overlooked part of the center of the resort with the boat docks and everything, but most of the rooms don't have balconies so it wasn't that big of a deal. The deluxe rooms I think are a bit larger in size, but I don't know if they come with a sleeper, maybe somebody else can answer on that. My room had a nice large chair and ottoman, but it didn't turn into a bed. Overall very pretty resort, kind of a destination unto itself, a little more removed from the parks. You can spend a day just walking around and exploring it and using the facilities and shopping and eating. Although keep in mind it's not a quick walk over to the parks like the Hard Rock. You'll have a very good time, though, nice resort!

Ahh, that's where I'm seeing you, my mistake, all these boards look alike after a while! (Not saying that OrlandoUnited is in any way similar to disboards or wdwmagic or any other theme park related board. Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included. Not valid on collectibles, gift cards, or in combination with any other discounts. Other restrictions may apply.)