Posting Issues | Inside Universal Forums

Posting Issues

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 30, 2011
Hey all. For some reason, as of maybe two days ago, I noticed the quick reply area has become solid. I couldn't reply to any thread. I tried to PM Hate or Bri, and my PM box editor was also solid. I went into settings to change to the advance editor. My quick reply is still solid, but the advanced editor at least opens when I click reply to thread. And it obviously allows me to start a new thread. Oh, and it opens PM.

Just curious if quick reply is being taken away or why mine would suddenly be all blocked out. Any help would be appreciated.

***Doesn't matter to me that I have to use the advanced editor to post, just seemed weird that quick reply was suddenly gone, and I couldn't even send a PM.

I've sent many PMs today without issue and this reply is being written using the "Quick Reply" box.

What OS and browser are you using?

I've sent many PMs today without issue and this reply is being written using the "Quick Reply" box.

What OS and browser are you using?

Firefox. I always use Firefox. Never had the issue before. I logged off, logged back in, closed browser, reopened browser. I can't explain it.

The funny part is, the box appears for a brief second, then goes to solid. Oh, and if I click on edit post, same thing: solid box which cannot be typed in or edited.

i've been having the same issue...on pc...but on my mobile device it works fine...

on the pc I dont have the option to post pictures video or links...its just quick reply and thats all...

I try on Internet Explorer and it seems to work as intended. My issue seems to only be on Firefox and only since Friday. Weird.

Do you guys having problems have automatic updates enabled on Firefox? Was there an update released mid-to-late last week?

If yes to both those options, the culprit is probably a bug introduced in the new Firefox. Or, a new "feature" with certain things disabled for security purposes.

Samuel, you know, I didn't think of it at the time. But lo and behold, today, everything is back to normal. Was weird. Maybe it was a bug.