Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Potential Theoretical Busch Gardens Giga Locations

Jun 18, 2021
I know..I know..this has been covered ad nauseam but if BGT were to one day get a Giga Coaster, where could it theoretically go? To me it looks like the best location would be the Northwestern section of the park, near the retention ponds. Lots of available land back there. Is this area available for future construction?

Attachments

• 20FBD4C7-E313-45C8-AEF6-45A986B95279.jpeg
    20FBD4C7-E313-45C8-AEF6-45A986B95279.jpeg
    596 KB · Views: 36
I know..I know..this has been covered ad nauseam but if BGT were to one day get a Giga Coaster, where could it theoretically go? To me it looks like the best location would be the Northwestern section of the park, near the retention ponds. Lots of available land back there. Is this area available for future construction?
RIP Silverback...Although you became a shark we wanted you in Tampa

Fun speculation thread

I think Project Jethro is phase 1 of opening that area of the park up for some new expansion...With some shuffling around you could easily make it work

Also you could have a special path from the pitched hotel to the park

I do think a Project Jethro Expansion could be a plausible location for a Giga, I can also see the retention pond location too with a ride station in Jungala replacing Tree Top Trails.

I do think we have a good chance of seeing a giga at BGT, I’m not so sure whether it would be a full sized B&M giga due to cost, but maybe something a bit more funky (and less costly) from Intamin?

I do think a Project Jethro Expansion could be a plausible location for a Giga, I can also see the retention pond location too with a ride station in Jungala replacing Tree Top Trails.

I do think we have a good chance of seeing a giga at BGT, I’m not so sure whether it would be a full sized B&M giga due to cost, but maybe something a bit more funky (and less costly) from Intamin?
Intamin has always been interesting to me...but they really haven't built a Giga since I305 I believe

Where as B&M has built Orion, Leviathan, and Fury since then

Not to say they will *never* do it again, but if BGT were to get a Giga I assume it would be B&M...and probably the world's shortest Giga

Unless they struck some deal where SWO tests out the prototype for the Surf and BGT gets some kind of discount Giga lol

Intamin has always been interesting to me...but they really haven't built a Giga since I305 I believe

Where as B&M has built Orion, Leviathan, and Fury since then

Not to say they will *never* do it again, but if BGT were to get a Giga I assume it would be B&M...and probably the world's shortest Giga

Unless they struck some deal where SWO tests out the prototype for the Surf and BGT gets some kind of discount Giga lol
If Intamin built a giga for BGT I’d personally bet on it being a really weird LSM launch coaster of sorts rather than a traditional cable/chain lift.

If Intamin built a giga for BGT I’d personally bet on it being a really weird LSM launch coaster of sorts rather than a traditional cable/chain lift.
Something like Kondaa would be great just over 200 feet

That being said...If it is a Giga, B&M seems like the more safe route

Even though I'd love to see BGT get a prototype RMC T-Rex or something a bit more risky

A Giga would by far be the most ideal coaster after Iron Gwazi opens. I don't know much about the dynamics of how the park operates but I would imagine they will probably want to hold off until at least 2024 for another major addition after delaying Iron Gwazi for so dang long.

But if the park were to get a Giga, it would probably be more "twisty and turny" like Fury at Carowinds to set it apart more from Mako. Otherwise, it would literally just be a taller Mako.

A Giga would by far be the most ideal coaster after Iron Gwazi opens. I don't know much about the dynamics of how the park operates but I would imagine they will probably want to hold off until at least 2024 for another major addition after delaying Iron Gwazi for so dang long.

But if the park were to get a Giga, it would probably be more "twisty and turny" like Fury at Carowinds to set it apart more from Mako. Otherwise, it would literally just be a taller Mako.

Agreed. A twisty type would be better and, to me, I would go Intamin just to get a different feel. Kings Island's Orion feels like just a taller version of Diamondback, although Diamondback is more curvy.

They went such a long time without a major headliner coaster...and while I get the intention of adding a more thrilling family coaster with Cheetah Hunt and a less thrilling family coaster with Cobra's Curse...it feels like it has been since 2005 that we've gotten a major coaster like this.

I think keeping up their momentum would be wise

Still though, I picture them doing IG in 2022, Screamin Swing in 2023

And possibly having a big ole coaster ready to go for 2025

Keep in mind that SWO will be opening something major somewhere in there as well

I imagine SW wants something major for when EU opens as well