Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is much going to change about the exterior? Is it going to be very miniony or more like the bait shop exterior from the film. The best thing going for it is Villain-Con was set in Orlando, although the vibe in the film made me think far east orange county (Christmas/Bithlo).

Just reads to me like a bunch of grown adults getting angry that something isn't for them when nearly every new addition has been focused on their demographic lately :shrug:

The park needs better options for children. The minions are stupid popular with children. It is what it is. We literally just got two coasters and a more adult-oriented stunt show (and are about to get an entirely new theme park).

Villan-Con being a standing Toy Story Mania sounds kind of dope. Would be fantastic for kids and would be completely different from Minion Mayhem outside of heavy screen usage I'm guessing. It'll definitely be more popular than Pets.

Reactions: imagin78
Just reads to me like a bunch of grown adults getting angry that something isn't for them when nearly every new addition has been focused on their demographic lately :shrug:

The park needs better options for children. The minions are stupid popular with children. It is what it is. We literally just got two coasters and a more adult-oriented stunt show (and are about to get an entirely new theme park).
Lack of children-targeted attractions is holding Universal back from competing with Disney.

There's only 3 major attractions targeted towards children (ET & Cat in the Hat), one of them not even relevant and both requiring substantial refurbs.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Lack of children-targeted attractions is holding Universal back from competing with Disney.

There's only 3 major attractions targeted towards children (ET & Cat in the Hat), one of them not even relevant and both requiring substantial refurbs.
This^
While it may not be the most exciting attraction I’m really excited for there to be something that all ages can enjoy!

Oh I disagree, I wholeheartedly agree this park/resort needs more kids focused stuff.

This just ain’t it tho, for how high quality of stuff they’ve been delivering on lately.

Jury is still out, may become a favorite to start/end the day, I’m just not seeing it. I hope the kids love it and they likely will, but the company has proven to do better.

All being said based on rumors, of course.

This is a big stretch.

The thing holding Universal back from competing with Disney is not having 70 years of built in culture cache that Disney has, something Universal will never be able to change by building a few rides (or whatever this is) for toddlers.

This is a big stretch.

The thing holding Universal back from competing with Disney is not having 70 years of built in culture cache that Disney has, something Universal will never be able to change by building a few rides (or whatever this is) for toddlers.
Mario and Pokémon really helps their “culture” being brought to the Resort, especially since Millenials are having kids. So the long term feels very bright for them.

Disney will always be Disney though.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the social media audience, not any of you specifically. That was what was brought up in here. The tweet responses to Universal's tweet are pretty much exclusively folks who have no clue what the ride system or any of the rumors are outside of the property itself.

"please tell me it’s not gonna be something minions related"

"Please. No one likes Minions. We beg of you. Adults beg of you."

Those aren't people upset with the ride type. They're grown adults upset that the franchise isn't what they want. :shrug:

Either way, we still know waaaaay too little about this experience to be judging it strongly one way or another IMO.

That too. To this day, Universal does a poor job of showing that DreamWorks and even Illuminations is a Universal brand. You always hear people be surprised to learn about Shrek/Madagascar/Minions being owned by Universal.

They should pull a CityWalk ~2008? and put some flat rides in.

Minions as a brand is surprisingly underutilized at UO.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
That too. To this day, Universal does a poor job of showing that DreamWorks and even Illuminations is a Universal brand. You always hear people be surprised to learn about Shrek/Madagascar/Minions being owned by Universal.

They should pull a CityWalk ~2008? and put some flat rides in.

Minions as a brand is surprisingly underutilized at UO.
It’s their single billion dollar animated franchise and we got a repurposed simulator and are rumored to get a conveyer belt shooting game.

Despicable Me needs to replace Simpsons as a whole land, IMO. The under utilization is what’s interesting.

A moving conveyor belt that shifts to turn corners and might stop while you’re given things to hold on to other than the handrail?

**Morgan & Morgan has entered the chat**

For the record, I think this could be either really well-liked if done well with high capacity or really poorly-liked if the capacity isn’t there and the execution is mediocre. I’m having a hard time envisioning it falling between those two extremes.

Also for the record I don’t work for Morgan & Morgan, or anywhere in law.

Sure, but the toddlers would still like to have a bearable day at the park should their parents be inclined to spend a day at Universal. I'm not sure the four year old toddler thinks, "Ah yes, I am having more fun due to the undeniable cultural cache of this experience."

This isn't so much about competing as it is about giving younger kids something to do at all.