Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Let this thread be the permanent thread for discussion for the Shrek 4-D replacement.

12/8 Update

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

Now this one has gotta be where SNW goes. I can feel it in my gut!!

:lol:

When we get a steath Splatoon attraction, you know Nintendo be intimate.

Jestings aside, I am honestly...kind of hoping they take the time on this; if only to give DMMM and 331's facades a rework. Make it similar to Minion Park from Osaka, and Minion Ave. from USH. They are some of my favorite series of facades that Universal Creative has done.

When we get a steath Splatoon attraction, you know Nintendo be intimate.

Jestings aside, I am honestly...kind of hoping they take the time on this; if only to give DMMM and 331's facades a rework. Make it similar to Minion Park from Osaka, and Minion Ave. from USH. They are some of my favorite series of facades that Universal Creative has done.
Especially in light of the fact that the main entrance area there is not exactly very attractive.

It's the one thing that makes or break P331 for me. Because out of all the things that should be on Universal's "To-Do" list for USF, it's giving a much more pleasing entrance than being thrusted into what is currently the case with Production Central/Plaza of the Stars.

I'm willing to lose a HHN scarezone venue, if it means the park gets a much better sense of cohesion than what it currently has now on it's front-half. To though speak on another aspect, I wonder how the entrance will be placed with this. With it only using one half of 331's building; I wonder if they might do a horseshoe layout for queue. Start it from the opposite side, closer to Monsters, loop back to where the current preshow is on Production Central side, and then start the walkthrough attraction there.

It's what I'd do. That, and enclosing the outdoor queue outright.

To be honest, I’m reeeeeally struggling on this conveyance system. I understand it, but it just feels… lazy? It feels like a weird middle ground between a ride and a walkthrough, and one, at that, which I could see being the cause of complaints and low gsats. People *love* to sit. Most people think a ride begins when they sit. They need to be very careful about marketing this.

Also, would the guns be mounted to some kind of secondary conveyor, or would they be handheld?

Finally, I could really see “Banana Blasters” working its way into this attraction somehow; it’s a catch name.

To be honest, I’m reeeeeally struggling on this conveyance system. I understand it, but it just feels… lazy? It feels like a weird middle ground between a ride and a walkthrough, and one, at that, which I could see being the cause of complaints and low gsats. People *love* to sit. Most people think a ride begins when they sit. They need to be very careful about marketing this.

Also, would the guns be mounted to some kind of secondary conveyor, or would they be handheld?

Finally, I could really see “Banana Blasters” working its way into this attraction somehow; it’s a catch name.

I think it’ll depend on how they theme/ use the potential dividers. If the dividers create a “ride vehicle” environment it could potentially avoid complaints, but if it truly is just lines of people standing on a conveyor system with minimal separation then I feel like this should be marketed almost as a continuous show, which could keep peoples expectations down.

Guns wouldn’t have to move if our conveyance system stops in front of each booth for each game like Toy Story Mania. Then the guns or controls just need to stay out and we move from to another.

Otherwise, they’d have to hand us a zapper as we enter and use wireless tech to track it.

The social media posts meant that the news of Shrek 4D's closure hit some of my more casual UO visitor friends radar so a few of them asked me what would be going in the space and NONE of them cared for the idea of the rumored replacement.

Hopefully they do a great job executing it and win people over but not sure anyone is exactly clamoring for more Minions when the popularity of the ride next door has really waned.