Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Proposing @ Disney

Mar 4, 2011
Manchester, UK
Morning All,

Hope someone can help with this :pray:

The trip to Orlando I've been planning for the end of this September has a hidden agenda, that is I am using it as a more memorable platform to make a wedding proposal to partner.

I would like to do something in Disney Hollywood, ideally around or involving Star Tours / Star Tours Jedi Show but I don't know who to contact.

I've looked on http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/engagements but they don't seem to go into any detail, rather prompting you to call the Dream Makers.

As I am in the UK I spoke to Guest Services who game me an email I could try but that just resulted in getting a copy and paste from the website I previously visited.

The reason I want to make it more memorable is that my partner suffers from Spino-cerebella-ataxi, it's a condition that is progressive and can effect people in different ways. The condition could get worse and have a negative effect on her memory as well so I would like to make it as rememorable as possible so it sticks if that makes sense.

Hmmm, I would call again and ask to speak with a guest services manager if they give you the run around. I think you just got a dud on the phone. Knew a guy who did it well in advance and did it at the MK. It was extremely well done and they knew what to do from he moment they arrived for Dinner at the round table. I was very impressed. If there is one thing that Disney still does better than everyone it's holding themselves to a higher level on customer service and satisfaction.

If you get the run around again, post it here and we will figure this out.

Hi guys

No luck :( On one of my calls to Guest Services I was given the main Disney swtichboard number that the operator said "covered" all the parks but everytime I ring up and ask for guest services at Disney Hollywood Studios I get transfered and the line goes dead.

Can't find a single email or direct contact number for the park.

I could swear this was asked about a month or so back by another person and the clear response from Disney was that it doesn't do proposal ceremonies, only weddings. Someone else must remember that thread?

Try the Guest Relations #

407-824-4321

Instead of asking them to transfer you, ask for a direct # you could call.

My neighbor proposed to his girlfriend last week. They did something very nice in the Plaza Rose Garden at the Magic Kingdom... Just a thought :smiley: hope everything goes great!

I've fired of some emails etc... so will hopefully get something back. From all my googling and threads / youtube vids I could find it seems that you really have to organise things on the day.

Universal don't offer anything "official" but look like they will help within reason.

Disney offer a service regarding proposals so I am going to ring them directly, looks like they will also offer help with ideas not on the list as long as your pay for some form of Princess Package.

I'll report back.