Q&A Session | Inside Universal Forums

Q&A Session

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

Questions:

1) If you were the president of Universal Creative, what would you do to improve the Universal Parks?

2) If you were the president of the Universal Studios Hollywood "theme" (pun intended) park and Citywalk, what would you have done to the management and design/atmosphere in the area?

3) If you were the president of Universal Studios, what would you do to improve the studio and backlot?

I would like to see interesting answers!

1) I would try to work better with the budgets to get the most out of them for the guests experience instead of coming up with great ideas that are too elaborate that they can only accomplish part of them due to the budget constraints.

2) I honestly don't have many big complaints about Citywalk so I would leave it as is. But for for the park, I would embrace the studio feel more instead of heading more towards a "Disney" like feel.

3) To improve the studio and backlot I would bring in more sound stages like the Knight Vision Studios to bring more filming back to Hollywood since major productions are using more CGI since it is cheaper.

1) I would try to work better with the budgets to get the most out of them for the guests experience instead of coming up with great ideas that are too elaborate that they can only accomplish part of them due to the budget constraints.
2) I honestly don't have many big complaints about Citywalk so I would leave it as is. But for for the park, I would embrace the studio feel more instead of heading more towards a "Disney" like feel.

3) To improve the studio and backlot I would bring in more sound stages like the Knight Vision Studios to bring more filming back to Hollywood since major productions are using more CGI since it is cheaper.
Very interesting!

Reactions: BernardMesa
1) If you were the president of Universal Creative, what would you do to improve the Universal Parks?
Probably get rid of some old blood. There's a lot of management right now that I feel might be too long in the tooth.

2) If you were the president of the Universal Studios Hollywood "theme" (pun intended) park and Citywalk, what would you have done to the management and design/atmosphere in the area?
Given the changes now, I'm not too sure. Speaking realistically, I don't think there's much I could do without a significant time frame. Having said that, I would solidify the studio and "entertainment" center theme. I personally think it's hopeless to try to mimic the "themed" land concept at Florida, Singapore or Japan.

3) If you were the president of Universal Studios, what would you do to improve the studio and backlot?
Hmm, interesting. I'm not so interested in the studio aspect to be honest. At least portions that don't concern the theme park. That's not to say I don't like Universal movies (obviously I do), but that's never been a focus.

If I was offered a position now, I'd probably decline it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BernardMesa
Questions:

I would like to see interesting answers!
1) I would fix the major flaws in the parks.

2) I would have reasonable prices for food and merchandise. I would bring back the AYCE program, with an add on for drinks for $5.00 more. Make the park look cleaner. Citywalk could use some more sidewalk space.

3) I would improve the studio and backlot by removing some soundstages and replacing them with digital soundstages to save production costs.

Well, with just focusing on our park, I'd stop the cheap ride overlays, I'd make each facade fully detailed and fleshed out, I'd add little "extra" things here and there, I'd redo the mummy ride AND keep ET somehow, I'd restore BTTF in a better way, id have MORE DARK RIDES and less things that rely on projections, I'd add more stuff that had the audience interact, etc. like the old attractions where u got to film a scene and take home a copy, and I'd in general have better established themes and props in place. Make everything more impressive and make longer attractions to make up for the space..

I'd have a management that cares about the history of the property and I'd give more money to Universal creative to create a more immersive theme park without going all Disney Magical.

And I'd redesign Citywalk to feel even more modern and not like a typical mall and more unique experiences!

Well, I'd do everything in my power to make productions wanna stay here. I'd upgrade every facility to make better use of the space and to be fully modern, I'd have even more sets/mini cities around like New York street. And I'd give up SOME space to the studio tour attractions.

One minor thing I would do is bring back popular movie props into the park for guests to take pictures with or at least have them on display somewhere for people to see like they used to do with the outside of the SImpsons store.

I like Citywalk as is, so no suggestions there. Perhaps I'm just older now, but I don't feel like I'm getting that "Behind the scenes of movie making" feel that I used to get when visiting the park. I would do theming changes to bring that back. Adding more props would help this, along with more Universal Films merchandise.

Expand for new areas and facilities and preserve the old sets. It pains me to see the Lyon Estates signs rotting away and to know the Orca wound up chopped up in a dumpster. I would use part of the expansion to keep a collection of significant set pieces too large to be housed in the theme park.

Reactions: Jon Fu