Question about filming maiin show T23D | Inside Universal Forums

Question about filming maiin show T23D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 9, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi guys,

As you know I'm going to Florida in May, and visit T23D. I'm planning to film the main show and I have made my own 3D filter for my camera. Meaning that it will film the 3D movie in clear 2D, so no double seeing images. That was step 1.

Now I need your help with step 2, actually filming the ride. I assume theatre has the same seating positions in USH and USF, what would be the best seat to sit and try to film it? Ofcourse without getting caught. I've seen many recordings of T23D on youtube, so it must be possible to not get caught (though I think luck is also a big part of this).

My best guess would be somewhere in the center in the back so one has a complete overview on the 3 screens and be able to film all 3.

So what is the best place and tactic for filming T23D's main show?

[if this topic is against the policy of this forum and site, please let me know as I don't want to cause trouble or stir up things]

Reactions: Hey_Zeus
I'm sure Chris will have a good idea of where to try it. The advice I can give is go in to the show once or twice without the camera out and keep an eye on where employees are standing and where they seem to focus in on. That way you have a good idea of where they are "patrolling." Also, use these test viewings to find a good angle. I'm sure the theater has cameras on the audience as well, but like you said, plenty of people seem to get away with it. That's awesome you created that filter, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good luck! 

I bought some standard filters for my camera and removed the filter so I only had the ring. Then I ordered some linear 3D filter used for projection lenses. Then I put the filter in the ring and now I have a filter that records 3D in 2D. :)

haven't been able to test it with a 3D movie yet, but I have tested it with the 3D glasses and it works. They respond to each other, so it should work.

Now I only need to be able to record the show in a good and clear way.

I never saw anyone in USH patrolling. I think that with the layout of the theater it would be very difficult to enforce and annoying to the guests around the culprit. I recorded the show in the last showing before it closed but I assume that is not a good example since It was the last show.