Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Question about The Simpsons Ride Information on the IU site

Jan 9, 2016
Hey guys, 

So I was checking the page for information of the simpsons ride on the IU site and I noticed something peculiar..... actually multiple things. 

First: 
IJs53Jk.png

the page isn't properly formatted.

Second:

zyFkII2.png

A. Wait times are actually dependent on the amount of people in the queue and what cars are open. so when we open and no one is there it is forced set at 15 minutes. Unless you count the pre-shows as part of the experience then it is actually 5 minutes for waiting.  

B. Wheelchairs now go through Gate A in order to reduce injury to other guests (Not to ride ops they still get their feet run over > :( )

C. No mention of Gate A at all. Please add this important tidbit that it is located to the left of the Krusty Head over by the Carnival games. 

D. Child Switches allow 2 riders and only 2 people. 

E. Ride ops don't bite! This is a Family friendly attraction! Sure toilet humor abounds but compared to some of the other rides it is less violent. 

Third: 

E1gXRMK.png

A. I'll give you that one sorta.... Its more or less guest s sometimes like to give the rideops hell by not going the way theyre supposed to. litterally saw a dude unhook every chain over by gate A through Queue 2 and to the ticket booth just ot get on the ride "faster" when it was at a walkup.....

B. Personal Belongings besides food, drinks and Cameras/tripods can now go inside the car. Its more efficient this way. 

Last:

6QzWa6J.png

A. We don't like it when guests decide to turn on the flash, or try to jump from the vehicle, or be a general nusiance, or try to rip stuff off the walls as a keepsake, They have camera's EVERYWHERE. 

B. It's actually Car 5,6,and 7 with the best viewing area. How it works is that due to how the ride was built the cars are numbered furthest to closest vertically, (I.E 1, 2, and 3 are located on the lower midway while 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are located on the middle floor while 9-12 are located above) My tip personally is to try and shoot for middle midway with 5,6, or 7, try and avoid 4 and 8 because they have the weirdest position and give the most nausea. All three cars downstairs are okay to use but your neck might be in pain from looking up so much. If you do end up down there 2 is the best one to go on. Finally, AVOID THE UPPER MIDWAY LIKE THE PLAGUE. You can't see Ding-dong Diddly up there no matter how you try and situate yourself. 

TL:DR The page is full of errors, can we have it edited? K Thx! 

Appreciate the corrections - we're always looking to improve our content on the main site. I'll forward them to the editorial staff, and we'll discuss the page in the coming days.

About the formatting - we're actually redesigning much of the site to correspond with a new design that was introduced last week. It's responsive (meaning it should work on a variety of devices), and that requires a complete redo on what we currently have. It's a slow process so I ask for your patience, but we are working a new design soon for all the attraction pages.

Please let me know if you spot anything else in error, and we'll correct it!

Last edited by a moderator:
We've updated the page accordingly. Please let me know if you have any additional corrections or concerns.

Jon