Quick Questions on Last Minute Disney trip... | Inside Universal Forums

Quick Questions on Last Minute Disney trip...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 7, 2010
Thinking of doing a one day at Disney Studios this Saturday....quick questions for the pros!

1. Is staying at a Disney resort provide any real benefit now that Fast pass is not in service? We will have our own car, so transportation is not a concern.
2. Have the absence of boarding passes, made getting to Disney Studios early essential to ride RotR? What type of waits are we seeing now that boarding passes are gone?
3. Any idea what crowds have been like on the weekends?
4. If I decide to stay at the Caribbean Beach resort...does that provide skyride to Disney Studios? Approx. Travel time?

Thinking of doing a one day at Disney Studios this Saturday....quick questions for the pros!

1. Is staying at a Disney resort provide any real benefit now that Fast pass is not in service? We will have our own car, so transportation is not a concern.
2. Have the absence of boarding passes, made getting to Disney Studios early essential to ride RotR? What type of waits are we seeing now that boarding passes are gone?
4. If I decide to stay at the Caribbean Beach resort...does that provide skyride to Disney Studios? Approx. Travel time?

1. Package delivery and early entry will be big once it’s available
  2. Don’t know it stops tomorrow
  3. Appears to still be low
  4. Yes about 5-7 minutes. It’s a direct line.

I would stay at the Disney Swan property, it's walking distance to HS and they have a boat that takes you there. It's my favorite property to stay at, when visiting Disney. Go to the Disney Swan site and go to special offers. Use the annual pass discount offer, they never check at the front when checking in.

Reactions: rhino4evr
early entry doesn't start until 10/1 (and it might just be deluxe?) so I am unaware of any advantage on site guest would have the rest of this month.

I am not PRO, only rode RoTR once w/ a BG. I did read some reports and from what I saw, it suggested that rope drop had a big rush and then things dies down a bit (ride down time can play a big factor. Anyway, from the first day of rope drop, it looked like 11 AM ish was a better time to go than rope drop for a lesser wait.

I assume weekends tend to be a bit more crowded than weekdays, but things are a bit slow right now, heck, even Gideon's has stopped using a wait list and is just using a regular queue!