Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Quick Research Trip 8/4-8-5

Sep 20, 2009
Isla Nublar
Research Trip + Meets

Headed down to the parks for a research trip the weekend of August 4th. There's a few things I haven't yet experienced (DM:MM, CineSpec, etc.) and I'm going to try gathering content with my new camera and 3D camcorder rig. I'm spending Saturday morning at Busch Gardens for a tour, then the rest of Saturday and Sunday at Universal. I'm going to spend a lot of time shooting pictures and videos so a day-in-the-park with me might be a tad boring, but I'm definitely up for some meets.

If anyone is interested in meeting up, send me a PM. I'd prefer hanging out with people I've known for a while or are very active on the boards, so please don't take offense if I decline.

Possible Meets
Hollywood Drive-In Mini-Golf (both courses?)
Meal at Confisco's Grille
Meal at Lombard's Landing

New Things
Despicable Me
Hollywood Drive-In Mini-Golf (if anyone shows, I'm not playing solo)
IOA's Q-bot system (maybe)
Cinematic Spectacular
Superstar Parade
Confisco's Grille
Lombard's Landing

Also, I have a few questions.

1) Would anyone recommend using the Q-bot system for my situation? I'd love to ride as many rides as possible, but I'll probably spend about half my IOA day taking pictures/video. Worth it for solo traveler?

2) I'm taking UOR up on that Florida resident 15-month deal. Do APs still get early admission or was that just for DM's and Spidey's softs?

Trip report coming soon.

Last edited:
For me the best viewing spot is either in the park on the Mel's side, or World Expo under the flags. Either place gets you really close to a screen and a place to sit. I'd start coming 20-30 minutes prior to the CineSpec