Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ratatouille @ French Pavillion

May 18, 2013
Citrus Springs
Most of you already know that Disneyland Paris is opening this summer a brand new area at The Walt Disney Studios with a brand new attraction Ratatouille Kitchen calamity.
I always wandered if the attraction is being the big hit they are hoping for if they will import it to the French Pavillion. I still don't understand why they have not included Remi in the movie like they did at Mexico.

It could only happen if they demolished Impressions de France, which I highly, highly doubt they would do.

There's room to put it in without removing Impressions.

FrancePavillion_zpse6e73352.png

Although that expansion pad is supposed to be saved for a future pavilion, I think we can all accept at this point that a new pavilion ain't happenin' anytime soon.

There are a few others that are saying that it is close to being green lit. It would make sense since Tom Fitzgerald just took over the creative direction of Epcot.

Last edited:
I hope it happens, world showcase NEEDS another ride more than any section in any park in the world right now, to have this would add so much to this park it's unbelievable

I think it belongs in Pixar Place, not Epcot. But, if it does comes to World Showcase, I wouldn't complain. Could be a good fit for the pavilion. More so than Frozen being shoehorned into Norway. And what becomes of Impressions? Knowing how TDO operates, Impressions gets the can. Can't have two attractions in one pavilion now, can ya? :)

I think it belongs in Pixar Place, not Epcot. But, if it does comes to World Showcase, I wouldn't complain. Could be a good fit for the pavilion. More so than Frozen being shoehorned into Norway. And what becomes of Impressions? Knowing how TDO operates, Impressions gets the can. Can't have two attractions in one pavilion now, can ya? :)
I don't think there is room for it in Pixar place (might be wrong) I say it fits in better than Epcot because of the overlining theme of food. There is space for it next to impressions but then again impressions is just a travel log so it wouldn't be that big of a loss

With Ratatouille in the Paris Pavilion, I don't complain as it could be VERY interesting on how they take it. It'll probably be a clone of Paris but just with the US cast or even a new ride story with the US cast. But no matter

what, It'd be happy to see a beautiful looking park get something NEW and not a Redo of a ride *Cough* Ellen Good dinosaur rumored redo *Cough*. The only thing that confuse me is if Frozen and Ratatouie come, the rumor for Frozen

is a Invisiable Track ride and if Ratatouie if this is the case, is a Invisiable track ride, sync that in of 2 Trackless rides in one park. That'd be crazy... Even for WDW to have in one park.

But if i'm wrong, then i'm wrong and thats my opinion but If Ratatouie and Frozen are both in the same park and they're both Trackless; it'd be odd.

Last edited:
With Ratatouille in the Paris Pavilion, I don't complain as it could be VERY interesting on how they take it. It'll probably be a clone of Paris but just with the US cast or even a new ride story with the US cast. But no matter

what, It'd be happy to see a beautiful looking park get something NEW and not a Redo of a ride *Cough* Ellen Good dinosaur rumored redo *Cough*. The only thing that confuse me is if Frozen and Ratatouie come, the rumor for Frozen

is a Invisiable Track ride and if Ratatouie if this is the case, is a Invisiable track ride, sync that in of 2 Trackless rides in one park. That'd be crazy... Even for WDW to have in one park.

But if i'm wrong, then i'm wrong and thats my opinion but If Ratatouie and Frozen are both in the same park and they're both Trackless; it'd be odd.
There are 4 spinners and many omnimovers around the the resort so I think it'll be fine if they do 2 trackless rides. Knowing Disney frozen could quite possibly be a overlay for maelstrom and if that's the case (I'll be sad) but it'll still have variety. I personally think the trackless ride system is killer so more the merrier. Also a good dinosaur overlay would be nice. 45 minutes is too damn much

I think the last thing TDO should be considering is removing Maelstrom, even if they would give it a Frozen overlay. They need to add more rides, not pull a switch-a-roo. I think they should put it in between Mexico and Norway.

Interesting. Since it's a clone, maybe they can fast track it for 2016 and have a few things open around the resort for the 35th anniversary.

I would assume Paris has exclusivity on the attraction for a few years though (total educated guess).

Last edited:
I would assume Paris has exclusivity on the attraction for a few years though (total educated guess).

I don't know if that's a thing. Disney had no problem opening two Midway Manias simultaneously and the two Mermaid rides a year apart and that's stateside.

I don't know if that's a thing. Disney had no problem opening two Midway Manias simultaneously and the two Mermaid rides a year apart and that's stateside.
Mystic Manor I know currently has an exclusive period for Hong Kong and I know when DCA did their re-do, Carsland/WOC was rumored to be exclusive to DCA for a period of time as ell (I believe 5 years if I remember correctly). Even if something like this is in place though, they presumably could still start construction if the exclusive period would be over when they plan to open the ride.

I think the last thing TDO should be considering is removing Maelstrom, even if they would give it a Frozen overlay. They need to add more rides, not pull a switch-a-roo. I think they should put it in between Mexico and Norway.

Definitely agree with this, they could also take down that weird Africa part with drums and a ice cream stand. World showcase needs rides and fast, every pavilion should have something other than restaurants and giftshops