Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Reef Plunge (Coming 2022)

Aquatica Orlando has announced their plans for 2022, which include a brand new waterslide, Reef Plunge, along with plans for enhancements throughout the park. @SeaWorld

Aquatica has recieved several new slide over the past few years and has a wonderful collection

Plus, their fast rive is way better than VB

I highly recommend it, it's my favorite water park in Orlando

The current Dolphin Plunge page gives a little more detail:

One of your favorite Aquatica slides is getting a refresh in time for Spring Break 2022! Get ready for eye-catching translucent cutouts and rings, plus a faster finish and redesigned exit, on Reef Plunge.

I guess “All-New” is the new “Expected Opening 2021.”

I'm really impressed that SWP&E just keeps plussing their parks with lots of small updates and upgrades to dining and shopping as well as adding new attractions. Those little things go long way in improving the park experience.
After some neglect it's nice to see them kick it in to high gear

Even though IG's opening has dominated the public discussion, they have made a ton of improvements at their parks that have gone unoticed and underappreciated

These new rides will really compliment all the fixing up they've done

The extra shade and beach bar are welcome additions as well. Tho it does sound like this is the first step in phasing out the Commies, the stars when this place opened.

So if I understand correctly, the slide will be the same layout wise, but completely new?

Wonder if enhancement to slides could mean light and sound upgrades, heard Adventure Island is getting a slide with a light and sound package.

So if I understand correctly, the slide will be the same layout wise, but completely new?

Wonder if enhancement to slides could mean light and sound upgrades, heard Adventure Island is getting a slide with a light and sound package.
Seems like they want to add some lighting packages to some of the darker slides

Wahoo Run had some darker areas and so I see this working pretty well

It's a cheaper way to add some fun impact

I believe Reef Plunge is already done-- just a remodel of the original slides through the commersons dolphins. That's ANOTHER new slide under construction from what I understand.

I believe Reef Plunge is already done-- just a remodel of the original slides through the commersons dolphins. That's ANOTHER new slide under construction from what I understand.
They did announce enhancements around the park along with the Reef Plunge announcement, but you seem to be saying this is something unannounced, yes? Sorry, I don't keep up with Aquatica news :lol:

I keep hearing they're about to do a big expansion of the park across the current exit road. That might be part of it? That's the exit road on the left of the picture, so an expansion would have to go through there somewhere, and that's the backstage area currently.

Looks like an expansion of the parking area as well, although I was under the impression that was meant to be the hotel site: