Replace Backlot Tour? | Inside Universal Forums

Replace Backlot Tour?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 26, 2010
They should really think about putting a new more relavent attraction in this area, A new thrill ride would be nice. Its no longer a working studio, the props are dated , and the whole Catastrophe canyon is not just dated but basicly the same exact ride as disaster. I know the "Cars land" rumor is a possibilty for this area, and although i rather se a coaster of some sorts anything would be better than the tour

Agreed It is in dire need of replacement/upgrade but I still ride it every time I'm there LOL

maybe i'm part of the problem

This ride will last til the end of time for some reason Disney justs finds this ride to be amazing and keeps refurbing it every year along with HISTK playground these two things will never go away anytime soon I sure of it :mean:

Weren't there rumors ages ago about turning HISTK into a bug's life playground? It was about the same time the monsters inc stories began to pick up the pace, but pixar place seemed to be completely forgotten as soon as it was created. I wouldn't mind at all if the backlot tour became a few pixar attractions. There are several movies definitely deserving of one. On a side note, does any know if Luxo Jr. makes appearances anymore. I remember seeing a few videos, but the last I recall he was down for maintenance and hasn't been seen since. Shame, really. He looked like a gorgeous AA.

Weren't there rumors ages ago about turning HISTK into a bug's life playground? It was about the same time the monsters inc stories began to pick up the pace, but pixar place seemed to be completely forgotten as soon as it was created. I wouldn't mind at all if the backlot tour became a few pixar attractions. There are several movies definitely deserving of one. On a side note, does any know if Luxo Jr. makes appearances anymore. I remember seeing a few videos, but the last I recall he was down for maintenance and hasn't been seen since. Shame, really. He looked like a gorgeous AA.

He was out for like two days. :lol:

I love looking at movie props and seeing the history of that movie and be able to say i've seen that prop in person to somebody thats watching the movie with me but they don't need to make a ride out showing off movie props in my opinion, a museum would be more fitting for that kind of attraction (like I love Lucy at Universal and One Mans Dream at Hollywood Studios etc...)

^Agreed, its no longer worth riding this....to put it in perspective...the "costume" department that we drive through is used for CM costumes in the parks, not for movies and shows :doh:

I might be in the minority here but why would I waste my time looking at CM costumes? Like i'll ever care what they were i'm at the parks to have fun not look at the new fashion for CMs lol

Yeah. It is a pretty sad state. How long as the post show been AFI's Villians you love to hate now? It is really a shame and that has become the only worthwhile portion to really check out, and even that has gotten stale as it has not changed in ten years and has only gotten into more of a bad gift area.

See i've ridden this once and probably only once way back in 2007 it even seemed dated back then and very boring at that. I honestly have no desire to ever ride it again this whole plot of land that the ride is on could eventually go to good use if Disney is willing to shell out but I highly doubt that.

They definitely need to replace the Backlot Tour. It is so pitiful to go through. They could really put a nice sized attraction over there and do something that really drives guests in that area of the park. Maybe even extend Pixar Place out and envelope that area into it. Even if they made it into like a Pixar Walking Tour or a ride based on Cars. Something that would really get some interest into that side of the park, other than TSMM. Probably not on the map though.